The Cricket Thread

bewlay

3 minutes ago, Jmothecat2 said:

Something like that would be great. Obviously this is never going to happen for a quite a few reasons but it would be fantastic if Scotland could get one of the franchises for the new T20 thing the ECB are so keen on. Obviously that isn't going to happen but If this competition does increase interest and give the game some terrestrial exposure hopefully it will increase interest and participation up here which can only be a good thing.

Well we were in the English domestic game a few years ago in the friends provident trophy I think but we could rarely compete and I think it would be worse if we were in the t20 blast. that said Cricket Scotland would do well to push for a place in that competition along with ireland. That would be the best bet for Scottish Cricket to get good coverage and generate interest.

That new T20 competition would be good if we can attract good players but the biggest problem for Scottish cricket and always will be is the weather.

4 hours ago, Jmothecat2 said:

Jennings out for a duck.

Back to the Lions for a year or two I'd imagine.

With Englands in-form batsmen out at number 7 and 8 they'll need to find some competent middle order batmen before the Ashes or move Ali right up.

Stokes hits a quick fire 50. It's a nice contrast watching Stokes doing his thing compared to the very measured, test match innings by Cook. Cook was the perfect player for yesterday's conditions I think and Stokes for today's.

None of that talk. Keep at 8. England need him batting as low as possible. And really, he's not that good a batsman.

Toby Roland Jones at 9, Broad at 10.... modern cricket personified. England 316/8. 350 would be a good score, I guess.

Edit; sorry quoted wrong P&Ber. Keep Ali at 8 is my point.

On 16/07/2017 at 21:58, Fuctifano said:

I have no recollection of what happened last English summer but the 2015 Ashes was similar to this series so far , 3-2 England but all 5 matches were utter shoeings. Think the series vs India the summer before was as well. Test matches when they're close are amazing but one-sided hammerings, even if it's a different side dishing out the hammering each time, are no fun.

*sigh *