The Cricket Thread

bewlay

8 minutes ago, Jmothecat2 said:

Elgar batting nicely. Exactly what South Africa need to do to take the game completely away from England.

Bowling hasn't been great but that can only be expected when your bowlers only get about 4 hours rest off the field.

Spent last 2 days at Trent Bridge, 1st ever test match.

Amazing to see England done out in little over 2 sessions,

Anderson bowling was awesome

Root as batsman great.

The standard between watching County games and a test match is almost immeasurable

Meanwhile in Colombo, Zimbabwe are giving themselves a great opportunity of a very rare Test victory.

And for the next England test Dawson, and Ballance will drop out.  They might stick with the opener depending on his next innings.

Can't believe Ballance got another shot as there are statues with better footwork than him.

Two really one-sided test matches so far.

Has that been down to the pitches in any way? Both matches won by the side that won the toss (although admittedly both could have gone either way after the initial decision).

I think England's first innings certainly wasn't helped by the conditions on the second day. Was it 16 wickets that fell yesterday? But a lot of it I thought came down simply to poor batting, poor shot selection and a needless urgency in the batting. England needed a patient, test cricket, innings imo.

I have no recollection of what happened last English summer but the 2015 Ashes was similar to this series so far , 3-2 England but all 5 matches were utter shoeings. Think the series vs India the summer before was as well. Test matches when they're close are amazing but one-sided hammerings, even if it's a different side dishing out the hammering each time, are no fun.

Edited by Fuctifano

England seem to have went out of their way to make their top order as mind numbingly boring as possible. Why isn't Hales playing and told to play his natural game? 

I'm all for two spinners but jeezo not Dawson. Has to be Rashid or take a punt on Crane or Leach.

Just as I was about to ask the question about how far England can take this in defensive mode, the first wicket goes. Philander carrying on from last night with a brilliant over and getting Jennings with an absolute peach of a delivery which caught the top of off stump.