The Cricket Thread

bewlay

I always find it astonishing that India don't dominate every form of the game. Half a billion people to choose from, cricket being far and away the main sport, compare that to NZ for example - under 5 million people and they compete with Rugby.

No reason for India to be arrogant imo, they are good at home though..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I think it's worth trying even if they are very late to the party. Free to air will probably be ITV4 or Channel 5 though.

Also, Zafar Ansari has packed it in age 25 to become a lawyer, or a lecturer or something. He probably didn't stand up to international level in his brief career and was unlikely to be considered again until the next away Asian tour. Doubt the guy's short of a few quid either.

New England kits are out. Made by New Balance. They're all horrible. The Adidas kits were so much nicer.

The test kit is like a return to the 1980s.

I quite like the kit they've worn against Ireland.

Both games a stroll for England. Root the standout with bat and ball today.

23 hours ago, die hard doonhamer said:

I quite like the kit they've worn against Ireland.

Both games a stroll for England. Root the standout with bat and ball today.

I'll be honest, I'm only pissed off because I really liked what Adidas did with the test kit, because it pissed so many traditionalists off.  I don't like the grandad cardigans they have to wear now.

I'll be honest, I'm only pissed off because I really liked what Adidas did with the test kit, because it pissed so many traditionalists off.  I don't like the grandad cardigans they have to wear now.

I completely agree. The Adidas test kit was much nicer than anything else out there.

I've not been following it closely but was the new ground not supposed to be ready for this Ashes?

Like Bully Wee Villa says, won't be sad to see the back of it. England have only won once there, in 1978.

I've not been following it closely but was the new ground not supposed to be ready for this Ashes?

Like Bully Wee Villa says, won't be sad to see the back of it. England have only won once there, in 1978.

They had been hoping it would be finished in time for the Test but main focus was having it completed in time for the 2018 AFL season.