The Cricket Thread

bewlay

There are no really obvious options. There are some calls for Bell to come back but he hasn't done much at county level. Borthwick might be a contender and could also bowl a bit of spin. I reckon most if not all of the current lot will stay in the squad.

There are no really obvious options. There are some calls for Bell to come back but he hasn't done much at county level. Borthwick might be a contender and could also bowl a bit of spin. I reckon most if not all of the current lot will stay in the squad.

Think the selectors will stick with hales n possibly even Ballance. Vince might well be huckled down to lions.

1 hour ago, Bully Di Villa said:

Australia lost again, while Scotland won again.

Bears v Essex today in the 50 Over Cup QF. Can't say I'm confident. We've been atrocious for most of the last month or so.

Ye of little faith! Different gravy to face in the semis though!!

Fair play to Northants, they've obviously targeted this format of the game but I was glad to see them and Durham beat Notts and Yorks in the semis and to win when being 15-3 and 9-3 in the semi and then the final is some effort.

Never sure whether the England guys getting parachuted back in for one day is a good thing, obviously joe punter wants to see the star names but whoever was bumped out the Yorkshire team for Joe Root to have an absolute shitemare can't be feeling too pleased.

edit: Mark Wood was bowling like a steam train running downhill, pity the winter tour is on the sub-continent as he'd be handy on pitches that aren't set up for spin. Still got the ODIs for the tail end of this summer tho I suppose.

Edited by Fuctifano