The Cricket Thread

bewlay

Just now, peasy23 said:

88-4 at the close. Vince got out for 0, following his 1 in the first innings. Could that be his last chance?

Can only hope. He should have made way for Rashid in this test. Easier in hindsight but still hard to fathom why only one spinner and a part timer at that for the Oval!?

Epitomises the fact that there is no outstanding test sides at the present moment.   Some decidedly average cricket being played all over the globe at present.

On a plus side good to see the Aussies facing another toughie in Sri Lanka.  Would be hilarious if they crash to a 3 0 defeat.

In respect of England some of the batting has been criminal.  For me Hales and Vince are nowhere near good enough and Ballance looks as nervous as can be.

Hales is a white ball cricketer, an excellent one but he doesn't have the discipline to play Test cricket. Vince just isn't good enough. Ballance deserves another series imo.

For the Winter tour, I'd bring in Rashid for Vince and move everybody up one. I'd also drop Hales for Borthwick.

Hales is a white ball cricketer, an excellent one but he doesn't have the discipline to play Test cricket. Vince just isn't good enough. Ballance deserves another series imo.

For the Winter tour, I'd bring in Rashid for Vince and move everybody up one. I'd also drop Hales for Borthwick.

Tend to agree with the hales thing but reckon he still has wee bit of credit in the bank from Edgbaston n the Sri Lanka series. Vince hasn't shown much of a learning curve despite the fact he often looks the part before gifting his wicket. Rashid coming in a shuffling everyone up one looks a very decent option.

Just now, dogmc said:

Tend to agree with the hales thing but reckon he still has wee bit of credit in the bank from Edgbaston n the Sri Lanka series. Vince hasn't shown much of a learning curve despite the fact he often looks the part before gifting his wicket. Rashid coming in a shuffling everyone up one looks a very decent option.

Hales has now played eleven tests averaging under 30 & still hasn't made a ton.  He is not the answer.  Vince is a less elegant version of Ramprakash, and Ballance is rotten too.

Wouldn't be surprised to see them bump everyone up a spot and bring in Buttler to keep wicket and Rashid for Finn.  Borthwick due a try too.

Hales has now played eleven tests averaging under 30 & still hasn't made a ton.  He is not the answer.  Vince is a less elegant version of Ramprakash, and Ballance is rotten too.

Wouldn't be surprised to see them bump everyone up a spot and bring in Buttler to keep wicket and Rashid for Finn.  Borthwick due a try too.

Don't disagree with any of that tbh but think selectors will give hales another go purely for fact that they have chopped n changed opener so much. Bairstow Stokes n Ali can all bat higher than they are.