P&b Running Club

30 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

My sister is a doctor, although they might not like a family member signing it off.  

Doubt they'll check too much, especially if she's got a different surname.

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Doubt they'll check too much, especially if she's got a different surname.

Sadly she doesn't. And what's worse, she won't do it gratis due to "reasons". Tried to tell her I'm already £300 down thanks to Carillion's collapse, but she didn't want to know. She's probably too busy counting her millions from coasting along the NHS gravy train. 

3 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Sadly she doesn't. And what's worse, she won't do it gratis due to "reasons". Tried to tell her I'm already £300 down thanks to Carillion's collapse, but she didn't want to know. She's probably too busy counting her millions from coasting along the NHS gravy train. 

Tell her you'll send an anonymous note to her bosses recommending an audit of her drug supplies if she doesn't.

Well that's me signed up for the Millau bridge slightly-more-than-a-Half-Marathon. It wasn't that expensive in the end (41 euro and no balloting)... you do need a doctor's certificate to race but not to sign up. There's cheap flights out of Edinburgh (I've already booked ours so fill your boots) ... and they work out quite well (fly out Friday morning, fly back Monday morning) ... you would probably need to hire a car as well. 

Cannae wait!

On 14/01/2018 at 19:53, Stellaboz said:

Instead of time, went for a traditional 5k. Took me just over 26 minutes, a far cry from my sub 23 9 months or so ago.

Worse still, trying out the Bluetooth earphones and they kept falling out, fucking hate them. Also ran my TomTom in demo mode so it didn't register my run. Fucking lousy day

I've got Bluetooth ones too and hate them, have gone back to the ones with cable. Keep falling out (worse when it rains). Think the problem is there's a bulky bit of plastic for volume etc that swings about and drags the earbuds out. I can just about get away with it if I loop them round the back of my neck and can slip it down the back of my top but doesn't work if I've only got a T-shirt on.

Does anyone go running in the snow? Absolute nightmare at the moment with the weather, getting two runs a week in if I'm lucky.

29 minutes ago, Stu said:

I've got Bluetooth ones too and hate them, have gone back to the ones with cable. Keep falling out (worse when it rains). Think the problem is there's a bulky bit of plastic for volume etc that swings about and drags the earbuds out. I can just about get away with it if I loop them round the back of my neck and can slip it down the back of my top but doesn't work if I've only got a T-shirt on.

Does anyone go running in the snow? Absolute nightmare at the moment with the weather, getting two runs a week in if I'm lucky.

Personally I avoid running in snow ,the idea of it is good with a picturesque run amongst the white stuff but you've more chance of slips and so on, also all that cold air in your lungs will never do you much good , 

Instead of time, went for a traditional 5k. Took me just over 26 minutes, a far cry from my sub 23 9 months or so ago.

Worse still, trying out the Bluetooth earphones and they kept falling out, fucking hate them. Also ran my TomTom in demo mode so it didn't register my run. Fucking lousy day

I use tape to hold my Bluetooth headphones in.

The ones I got have the wee plastic bits that go over the top of your ear and hold them in place. Battery life isn't great but for how long my runs are I never have an issue.

That's exactly what I need, any suggestions?

Screenshot_20180118-124234.thumb.jpg.c9ebd261ef4065d8f756d8d959dc4f1f.jpg

These are the ones I got. About two years ago and still work fine. Not that I use them a massive amount but never had an issue with them falling out. Got buttons for volume and play/pause on the right ear.

Not available just now directly from amazon but there's a marketplace seller selling them there brand new for 15 quid

3 hours ago, Co.Down Hibee said:

Personally I avoid running in snow ,the idea of it is good with a picturesque run amongst the white stuff but you've more chance of slips and so on, also all that cold air in your lungs will never do you much good , 

That was my thoughts too (although I like running on a cold, frosty morning), just surprised to see so many folk around me still putting in runs on Strava.

1 hour ago, paul-r-cfc said:

The ones I got have the wee plastic bits that go over the top of your ear and hold them in place. Battery life isn't great but for how long my runs are I never have an issue.

My Bluetooth ones have that as well but doesn't seem to do much good. Probably because they were six quid on eBay.

We’ve got a bit of snow here, nothing like you guys down south I don’t think. This was on my run along the Speyside Way earlier. It wasn’t too slippery underfoot, but it was a bit slower as I had to be careful.

9C253C24-6062-48EA-B611-B49BE011644C.jpeg

We’ve got a bit of snow here, nothing like you guys down south I don’t think. This was on my run along the Speyside Way earlier. It wasn’t too slippery underfoot, but it was a bit slower as I had to be careful.
9C253C24-6062-48EA-B611-B49BE011644C.thumb.jpeg.590c774d4d6870d1115028ac621a5cc1.jpeg
I'm desperate to get out but snow's just too bad to run on where I am!

There's a bit of snow here in Edinburgh too, but we appear to have avoided the worst of it. Still icey on any path not alongside the main roads. It was a bit treacherous out there tonight in places.

Generally like running in the snow, but playing twinkle-toes is less enjoyable!

Assumed parkrun would be off this morning due to the frost, snow and ice. Surprised it was on and the course was fine, apart from a few dodgy bits in the brief off road section. Reckoned that, combined with new shoes and not having run since Monday would cost me a PB but finally managed to get under 21 minutes for the first time.

The course in Dumfries is lovely but the last kilometre is pretty brutal!

13 hours ago, morrison said:

There's a bit of snow here in Edinburgh too, but we appear to have avoided the worst of it. Still icey on any path not alongside the main roads. It was a bit treacherous out there tonight in places.

Generally like running in the snow, but playing twinkle-toes is less enjoyable!

Juniper Green is like a wee micro climate. Can be covered in ice and snow. Cross the bypass and there’s no sign of snow. Just started to get back in to running but it’s lethal on the pavements - was going down the street like Spider-Man last night.