P&b Running Club

An embarrassingly poor Montrose ParkRun this morning. 24.15 is well off what I expected. 10K yesterday didn’t help and it was hazardous underfoot which didn’t help but still no excuses.

Proud of my fiancé tho. She hates running and doesn’t do any sort of training but completed the course in 44.30

Did most of Edinburgh parkrun yesterday before it was unfortunately, but absolutely correctly, abandoned. Just about a kilometre in, someone had a heart attack. Took about 10 mins for an ambulance to arrive and then quite a while before they took him away. No idea yet about how he is now but basing hope on the sirens being on in the ambulance as they went away. All a bit horrible and I think the second time this year it's happened.

On the plus side, been out for just over 10k this morning and now cheering on at 40k in to the 55km ultra around Edinburgh.

Did most of Edinburgh parkrun yesterday before it was unfortunately, but absolutely correctly, abandoned. Just about a kilometre in, someone had a heart attack. Took about 10 mins for an ambulance to arrive and then quite a while before they took him away. No idea yet about how he is now but basing hope on the sirens being on in the ambulance as they went away. All a bit horrible and I think the second time this year it's happened.

On the plus side, been out for just over 10k this morning and now cheering on at 40k in to the 55km ultra around Edinburgh.

Hope the boy pulls through

Been feeling my left hamstring a bit recently so have cut back on the running. Been feeling better the last few days so planned a half marathon distance run for today. First time doing this distance and struggled a wee bit towards the end. Breathing was fine but left leg started to play up a bit again.  Feeling very stiff now and a bit more realistic about my fitness and distance ability but happy to have managed it.

2 hours ago, mighty meadow said:

Been feeling my left hamstring a bit recently so have cut back on the running. Been feeling better the last few days so planned a half marathon distance run for today. First time doing this distance and struggled a wee bit towards the end. Breathing was fine but left leg started to play up a bit again.  Feeling very stiff now and a bit more realistic about my fitness and distance ability but happy to have managed it.

Get some stretching or foam rolling done at the end of your run to combat stiffness later on, it works.Don't think you have any fitness worries if you can run thirteen miles and well done on that. not many unfit half marathoners.

Went on a run this morning with no planned distance or route ended up doing eight miles in glorious sunshine alongside the sea with a nice cool breeze,lovely.

On 10/29/2017 at 18:09, keptie said:

Get some stretching or foam rolling done at the end of your run to combat stiffness later on, it works.Don't think you have any fitness worries if you can run thirteen miles and well done on that. not many unfit half marathoners.

Went on a run this morning with no planned distance or route ended up doing eight miles in glorious sunshine alongside the sea with a nice cool breeze,lovely.

Any recommendations for a foam roller? Looked at them recently but thought they were a bit expensive at the time (pre hamstring pain).  

2 hours ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Cheers for that.

The ones I saw were around £30. Didn't realise you could get them so much cheaper. I'll give that one a go, nothing to lose at that price :)

20 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Been running for a while now and decided to run the Edinburgh marathon next year.

Anyone got any good online training plans to look at?

Been averaging about 20-30 miles per week for the last few months

There are plenty of good ones out there - makes sure the any plan works with plans eg holidays etc.  I like Hal Higdon generally havent tried  his marathon program but used his half marathon plans .

http://www.halhigdon.com/training/51135/Marathon-Training-Guide

you should be able to find one that suits your current ability/training

After humming and hawing for months I decided to treat myself to a Garmin Fenix 5s a few weeks back.

Coupling this with Strava has seen me improve my times considerably. I must have just been running without pushing myself at all for a long time, as I'm taking a minute off my mile times for half marathon.

Hoping I can build this up and knock a good chunk off my marathon time and get it closer to 3:30 than 4:00.

Finding it hard not to chase segments on strava though, as several guys at work who I run with do the same routes and get a bit competitive.