P&b Running Club

Yeah, I'll be there. Similarly nursing an injury (glutes) so no running until Saturday for me. Going to do the parkrun there in the morning, too.

Chris - Union Canal's open again, at least it was on Sunday anyway.

Eddie - keep plugging away...they get easier.

Yeah, I'll be there. Similarly nursing an injury (glutes) so no running until Saturday for me. Going to do the parkrun there in the morning, too.

Chris - Union Canal's open again, at least it was on Sunday anyway.

Eddie - keep plugging away...they get easier.

Good stuff morrison. I'm looking forward to my first nationals. Not great at XC but we'll see how it goes. There's always going to be someone to chase [emoji16]

I was out first thing this morning - little slippy but nothing dangerous

I did 3x10min threshold runs with 3 minutes recovery.  I feel shattered now but the endorphins are through the roof and still feel high as a kite 2 1/2 hours after finishing.

WOOOHOOO! 

As a fairly lazy b*****d I've hardly been out running, been swimming instead.
Today was the first outside run of the year for me, 6km in 35 minutes.

Need to get into a better routine to lose the beer belly I think, cutting out drink would help but I enjoy a pint too much when I'm out to be honest

I'm the same. I want to take the running to the next level but enjoy my beer too much. Going to look at diets to see what would be best to improve the running. Just canny give up the beer though!!!

Sounds like a good session, diamonds2002. Have tried the morning runs before but I grudge getting up so early!

Was at the XC on Saturday - I'm pretty sure my legs are still trying to get over the squelching through ankle and shin deep mud, and I've been too scared to tackle the task of cleaning my shoes and socks.

Utterly brutal, but oddly fun. 47:5x for 10k, compared to my 38:xx PB over the distance might give you some idea of conditions! Good to see tigerton at the start, too.

On to the Inverness Half in a fortnight now. Back on solid ground!

Sounds like a good session, diamonds2002. Have tried the morning runs before but I grudge getting up so early!

Was at the XC on Saturday - I'm pretty sure my legs are still trying to get over the squelching through ankle and shin deep mud, and I've been too scared to tackle the task of cleaning my shoes and socks.

Utterly brutal, but oddly fun. 47:5x for 10k, compared to my 38:xx PB over the distance might give you some idea of conditions! Good to see tigerton at the start, too.

You cannot exaggerate just how tough that XC was. I wanted to quit after a mile, go home and cry. And that was a 7.15 mile. Took all my mental strength to keep going. Ended up just over 51 mins, 12 mins slower than 10k pb. Just avoided being lapped by callum Hawkins.

47 odd is a great run morrison. Good to see you on the start line, and at a mile or so when you eased past me!!

Glad to get back on the roads now. More determined to improve.

Meanwhile, I took advantage of most of the fast people being at the XC to make my 100th parkrun also the best finishing position I've had at Edinburgh! 7th was a nice feeling and in a good time of 19:06, although slightly strange to feel like I was in sight of the leaders when they're normally about 3 mins down the road!

20 hours ago, morrison said:

My kids are 5 and 3 so its the only chance I get and it sets you up for the day.  Although when the alarm goes off at 5.30 and it is pishing it down it is pretty tough to motivate yourself.

First 10k since before London this afternoon, and a pb of 1:04:03. Full run was 10.5k in 1:07:26. Positive thing is I felt that I had more in, and think if I pushed hard I could knock 5 minutes off of that straight away.

Hopefully with hard training over the next couple of months I'll not be far from 2 hours for the half in Edinburgh.

Has anyone done jogscotland's jog leader training course? Someone at the club has suggested I do it, which is fine (although the dates they suggested I can't do). Just wondering if anyone had any experience of it.

Stranraer half marathon for me on Saturday. Fingers crossed for a good one - might take me longer to drive there for the race than to complete the course.

Haven't myself Stu, no. What does it involve? Would be interested in hearing about your experience if you do go for it.

And good luck for Sunday.

No exciting plans myself; will be a parkrun slog followed by 18-20 miles on Sunday. Rest day today after 6 days on, but mileage has been nothing spectacular this week.

3 hours ago, morrison said:

Haven't myself Stu, no. What does it involve? Would be interested in hearing about your experience if you do go for it.

And good luck for Sunday.

No exciting plans myself; will be a parkrun slog followed by 18-20 miles on Sunday. Rest day today after 6 days on, but mileage has been nothing spectacular this week.

No idea, think it's just training folk to help out with jogScotland classes. Hopefully I get the chance at some point - and hopefully I'm not expected to pay for it!

If I'm up on time, I'll be at Hazlehead parkrun for the first time this year. If I can manage even close to my PB (something like 23 minutes 40 seconds) I'll be delighted.

Any luck?!

It was a reverse Cramond experience this morning - windy out and slightly with you on the reverse. Started at the back, each km quicker than the last. 'Enjoyable' would be the wrong word, but warm again now!

Any luck?!

It was a reverse Cramond experience this morning - windy out and slightly with you on the reverse. Started at the back, each km quicker than the last. 'Enjoyable' would be the wrong word, but warm again now!

Did a f**k. Woke up at 9.15and went to the gym instead. Would have ended up with a cold!

How many folk on here use Strava? Think I follow a couple (Debs and TM) but would be good to get another few folk to follow.

Edited by Gaz