P&b Running Club

Don't know if anyone on here used Bounts, but it was a scheme that got you vouchers in exchange for doing at least 20 minutes of exercise. I was a bit skeptical about the whole thing, but my sister received over £100 worth ... anyway, I'd just walked / ran my way to cashing in £40 worth, when it appears the whole scheme has collapsed and nobody is getting anything else. What a monumental waste of time that was! (Still, I'm probably a bit fitter and thinner than I would have been). 

Horrible feeling I've got shinsplints. Felt a pain towards the front bottom of my right leg towards the end of yesterday morning's run. Still isn't going away. What's the best treatment for it?

Your Strava route was impressive morrison!

Cross country was superb today, absolutely loved it. I wasn't last! Yay!

Thanks! I can't walk properly yet...hopefully soon, doing Southside Six on Sunday!

Glad you're enjoying the cross country stuff. Night & day compared to road running, so it's a refreshing change of pace (in every sense).

Don't know if anyone on here used Bounts, but it was a scheme that got you vouchers in exchange for doing at least 20 minutes of exercise. I was a bit skeptical about the whole thing, but my sister received over £100 worth ... anyway, I'd just walked / ran my way to cashing in £40 worth, when it appears the whole scheme has collapsed and nobody is getting anything else. What a monumental waste of time that was! (Still, I'm probably a bit fitter and thinner than I would have been). 

I know. I luckily was able to cash out about £35 worth of vouchers a few weeks ago and was about to go for another £5 when it was changed.

I haven't done it before, but I imagine so. Bishy will let us know if it's any different I'm sure!

It's meant to be quite stop start isn't it? I've never ran more than a half in a race. Got up to just shy of 15 miles in training, but taking it easy this week after picking up a wee ankle knock running up the hills behind Greenock yesterday.

Everytime I've ran the Southside Six before the race numbers have been picked up before the start in the glasshouse. Hope you like running up a load of steps after 16 miles of punishment!

Great race/event, gutted not to be running it this year but also releaved as I would've been setting a personal worst. Every run feels like a comeback at the moment. This sums up my running the past year or so:

Image result for knee good bad running left right

The problem with Aberdeen is that it won't be filled with exciting landmarks and it looks like it'll be a drag going along the beach. BUT happy that it's finally getting going after a few years of hitting heads against the wall.

Must have convinced the council that itll be £££kerching or there'd be no chance.

Yeah, I've signed up for the half - it's not the greatest route but I suppose they need to balance the centrepiece of having it start/finish on Union Street against how much chaos they cause with traffic elsewhere (Aberdeen has a road network design barely fit for the 18th Century never mind this one) so they've probably done as good a job as they could. The 10k is very pricey (even more than the Baker!) but the half is fairly reasonable. Actually quite looking forward to it!

Good into the London Marathon through the SSPCA. The Mrs does a lot of work with them so thought it was a good idea to raise money for them. Been running a lot since the summer and done a few races. Done the great Scottish half at the start of Oct and got the men's 10k in Edinburgh on Sunday. Hard work begins again in earnest for the running and fundraising. 

Back from Dublin and my first marathon over the weekend. The target was 3:20 and for nearly 20 miles was bang on it. Hadn't really felt any pain until I got to the top of the hill to get to the 20 mile mark when I got cramp in both legs. The remainder of the race was a mix of running a bit, stopping to stretch and then walking for a minute, apart from the last km - knowing that me crossing the line was automatically being posted to Facebook was a great encouragement to cross the line running! - to finish in 3:41.

Still pretty happy with getting through it and Dublin is a superb place to run. The crowd support all the way round was incredible - at some parts was so loud that you could barely hear yourself think!