Where Can You Get A Red Pudding?

King Kebab

Not even the central belt. <_<

Whenever I'm up in Arbroath, I make a point of trying to stop for a red pudding supper. Munchie boxes appear to have spread to the north east, but sadly, red puddings remain localised.

I've been spoiled staying in Fife and Dundee up until last year then sad.gif

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im pretty sure you can get them in Dundee! I could be wrong, but I think I got one a couple months back out of the Discovery Chippie.

...and unbelievably you lived to tell the tale.

Never tasted a red pudding supper, although this thread might have tempted me to try it next time. Not understanding the white pudding abuse - as long as its relatively fresh white puddding is excellent. Had a white pudding supper with curry sauce the other day; fusion food at its finest.

Might start being more adventurous at the chippy - can someone please explain what a Mock chop is before I try it though?

Might start being more adventurous at the chippy - can someone please explain what a Mock chop is before I try it though?

The humble mock chop is a strange beast. Someone in the chippy industry saw a chop and thought, "I'm going to mock one of them up." Thing is, they're f**k all like any chop I've ever tasted. It's more like a burger. They tried to mess with chop-related nature, to act as chippy god, and failed. They truly have made a mockery of a chop. Quite tasty though, nel, so give it a bash.

I've never tried a red pudding. They've always struck me as deeply untrustworthy, somehow. I'll eat just about anything but red pudding resides on the far side of my culinary line in the sand.

White puddings are the way forward, in my opinion.

They sound a bit like king ribs. Which are not ribs at all.

Good point, Wilson. Very good point. You order the ribs of a king and get the off-cuts of unspecified farm yard animal. I love a good chippy tea and am loathe to bite the greasy hand that feeds me, but they're kind of taking the piss here.

The humble mock chop is a strange beast. Someone in the chippy industry saw a chop and thought, "I'm going to mock one of them up." Thing is, they're f**k all like any chop I've ever tasted. It's more like a burger. They tried to mess with chop-related nature, to act as chippy god, and failed. They truly have made a mockery of a chop. Quite tasty though, nel, so give it a bash.

I've never tried a red pudding. They've always struck me as deeply untrustworthy, somehow. I'll eat just about anything but red pudding resides on the far side of my culinary line in the sand.

White puddings are the way forward, in my opinion.

Will do. To be fair, I have been ramming white puddings in for years without having a clue what they were.

I think the chippy industry does well considering most of us seem not to have a fucking clue about what we are eating.

I think the chippy industry does well considering most of us seem not to have a fucking clue about what we are eating.

The chippy industry goes beyond the looking glass. It's perhaps worth noting that you never see them and the NWO in the same room. Coincidence? Maybe. Or maybe....

I've already said too much. Draw your own conclusions, man.This conversation never happened.

The humble chipsteak always tries to lure me in. I have yet to discover what he looks like in person.

Further evidence of the outrageous and greasy lies that we're swallowing far too fucking easily here, people. Chips? Steak? Nowhere to be found when you unwrap the Murdoch-owned wrapper on a chipsteak supper. Is anyone complaining? Nope. We just keep stuffing our faces with the unhealthiest food in the universe, food that clogs our arteries and clouds our minds. Somewhere along the way the wool was pulled tightly over our eyes, friends. When it was time to ask serious questions we meekly requested a couple of pickled onions and a bottle of Irn Bru.

Further evidence of the outrageous and greasy lies that we're swallowing far too fucking easily here, people. Chips? Steak? Nowhere to be found when you unwrap the Murdoch-owned wrapper on a chipjsteak supper. Is anyone complaining? Nope. We just keep stuffing our faces with the unhealthiest food in the universe, food that clogs our arteries and clouds our minds. Somewhere along the way the wool was pulled tightly over our eyes, friends. When it was time to ask serious questions we meekly requested a couple of pickled onions and a bottle of Irn Bru.

Pit an egg in anaw.

King ribs are tasty, nothing makes the batter tastier! Best not to quiz the gristle though.

Archived