Scottish Tv

Guest Ruggy Bairn

Guest Ruggy Bairn

I can't believe STV delayed transmission of their coverage of the Junior Cup final by 20 minutes so that Jim Rosenthal and his buddies could fawn over what a magnificent race Jensen Buttocks had in Monaco.

I couldn't give a flying f'k about cars zooming round the streets of Monte Carlo, and even though it was "only" the Junior Cup final, it is a disgrace that football fans have been treated as second class citizens. Quite simply, STV had accepted oodles of money from advertisers, and apparently the race overran due to a smash. This meant they still had big bucks advertising to transmit, and even though the race was well finished, the blabbered on for about 15 minutes just so they could take another couple of ad breaks and line their pockets.

Scotsport - pish.

:angry:

• 4 weeks later...

I would rather watch a junior game than the money spinning F1. Been to a few junior games in my area since the senior season finished as really enjoyed it. Also watch a few matches in Aberdeen during the season and always full of passion, chances and tough tackling.

Who needs the Old Firm anyway!!

I would rather watch a junior game than the money spinning F1.

I didn't say that there weren't folk who'd rather watch the footy than F1, but I'm sure the majority would rather watch the F1. I know I would.

The junior cup final is pretty awful anyway, it usually ends up a 0-0 going into extra time or, worse, penalties. If it was half as good as most of the junior games I was at last year it would be brilliant.

The race in question was a cracker :rolleyes: They HAD to show the end of it, but I don't know why they didn't just "rewind the tape" on Scotsport, so you could've seen the game from the start.

Archived