The Junior Cup Final......at Dens/Tannadice!

kiddy

Where should this years Junior Cup Final be played?  

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It just goes to show that the SFA don't have copyright on daft decisions. The SJFA are forcing both Tayport and Carnoustie to trapse through to the WOS to play the final.

This should be a day where all of the Tayside junior scene should be able to celebrate the first final between 2 of their teams. I have no doubt that the Dundee public would also have made it a great occasion and imagine it would probably be one of the best attended finals in recent history.

Yet how many will travel to Firhill? I just find it very sad, that these players will be robbed of, what could be, a special atmosphere on the biggest day of their football careers.

In principal, playing on Tayside would've been the right thing to do, but I think a deal had been done with PTFC therefore that must be adhered to or the Maryhills muppets would sue (or at least threaten to sue :lol::lol::lol: ) whoever was responsible.

It should be at McDiarmid Park. Tannadice would be a bit big & wouldn't subject anyone to have to go to Dens.

There are a seven Perth based players in the Carnoustie squad so I'm sure the ground would be full. Hope they beat the Fifers.

It's always at Firhill. Typical Weegie bias.

It's better if it get's played at Firhill anyway, cos it's only about an hour away from where I stay. :P

I agree with you guys tho', should have been played in Dundee or somewhere near there...

The two teams competing in the final are decided just three or four weeks before the final, so the SJFA are maybe too late to arrange the match to be played elsewhere.

The two teams competing in the final are decided just three or four weeks before the final, so the SJFA are maybe too late to arrange the match to be played elsewhere.

Utter nonsense! We are talking about a game that will attract around 5,000 spectators. It's a piece of cake for SPL clubs to cater for crowds of that size.

That would be fair enough but all four semi-finalists were Eastern. They knew after the quarter finals that two teams would travel west.

Why is it at Firhill every year anyway? Because it's close to STV?

Why is it at Firhill every year anyway? Because it's close to STV?

Probarly got something to do with it, would imagine that STV probarly couldn't be @rsed taking all their gear to Tayside.

From what i've also heard I think the SJFA have a long term contract with PT.

• 2 weeks later...
In principal, playing on Tayside would've been the right thing to do, but I think a deal had been done with PTFC therefore that must be adhered to or the Maryhills muppets would sue (or at least threaten to sue :lol::lol::lol: ) whoever was responsible.

David away and stop talking shyte. You're bordering on avieICT territory here :angry:

The deal has been done for a number of years I believe.

Scottish Television (STV went oot the windae with John Toye by the way ;) ) and the SJFA probably decided that historically there has been at least one Central League or Ayrshire League club in the final and as the game used to always be played at Hampden, why move it out of Glasgow.

Anyway I will be supporting Tayport as Carnoustie put Kilsyth Rangers out the quarter final, and Kilsyth's season has gone downhill since.

Archived