Madeleine Mccann Missing Girl

16 minutes ago, throbber said:

Unless there is some sort of satanic child slaughtering ritual going on then I don't believe any of their friends are lying or hiding anything, would be pretty hard to convince people you had just met on holiday to keep quiet about the death of their child wouldn't it?

I'm sure they were on holiday with close friends. Very "close" if you believe some stories....

I'm sure they were on holiday with close friends. Very "close" if you believe some stories....

Yeah well there was that unsettling story about one of their friends they made a sexual comment about Maddie and he was on holiday at the same time. As I have said though they would need to be in some sort of cult/paedo ring for it to be a cover up and I just don't believe they are, most people just judge them because they are a bit of a weird couple as if it's enough evidence to suggest they were sick of Maddie and decided to get rid of her.

I love a good conspiracy but this one doesn't do it for me.

7 minutes ago, throbber said:

Yeah well there was that unsettling story about one of their friends they made a sexual comment about Maddie and he was on holiday at the same time. As I have said though they would need to be in some sort of cult/paedo ring for it to be a cover up and I just don't believe they are, most people just judge them because they are a bit of a weird couple as if it's enough evidence to suggest they were sick of Maddie and decided to get rid of her.

I love a good conspiracy but this one doesn't do it for me.

I think they get more than enough leeway on the basis they're middle class doctors.

Compare and contrast their treatment in the media when Shannon Mathews went missing. (Prior to Shannon being found)

Yeah they do get more attention but for the red top papers it's as interesting a story as they can hope for because the parents are well off. I doubt they would have the same ability to manipulate it for all it's worth if the parents were undesirable scheme goblins.

They don't take enough responsibility for it as well, I remember seeing Gerry say something like "the abduction would have been less likely had we been in the apartment" if it was me in that situation I would never be able to forgive myself for leaving the children alone.

7 minutes ago, sjc said:

I think they get more than enough leeway on the basis they're middle class doctors.

Compare and contrast their treatment in the media when Shannon Mathews went missing. (Prior to Shannon being found)

I don't think that's a great comparison to be fair...

2 minutes ago, throbber said:

Yeah they do get more attention but for the red top papers it's as interesting a story as they can hope for because the parents are well off. I doubt they would have the same ability to manipulate it for all it's worth if the parents were undesirable scheme goblins.

Have you been talking to Reynard again?

Just now, Lisa Cuddy said:

I don't think that's a great comparison to be fair...

In hindsight, yes of course. I was referring to before it emerged just how much of a scumbag Shannons mum was. The media didn't follow the same line as in the McCanns case.

In hindsight, yes of course. I was referring to before it emerged just how much of a scumbag Shannons mum was. The media didn't follow the same line as in the McCanns case.

The most important thing though is that the media couldn't care less about the welfare of the missing child and only care about the story so they can make plenty money out of it and so that certain journalists can cover the story and get attention out of it. Upon hearing that a child has gone missing they already know what line they can take and how they can manipulate the story as much as possible, and middle class successful parents are easier to demonise I suppose. They won't be thinking for one second about if the child is dead or alive as any sort of decent human being might.

4 minutes ago, throbber said:

The most important thing though is that the media couldn't care less about the welfare of the missing child and only care about the story so they can make plenty money out of it and so that certain journalists can cover the story and get attention out of it. Upon hearing that a child has gone missing they already know what line they can take and how they can manipulate the story as much as possible, and middle class successful parents are easier to demonise I suppose. They won't be thinking for one second about if the child is dead or alive as any sort of decent human being might.

Far be it for me to defend the media but when it came to making money out of a missing child the McCanns benefitted far more than the media.