Madeleine Mccann Missing Girl

Her mother Kate described the approaching 10th anniversary as a "horrible marker of time, stolen time".

Is this what she's calling the time she was away from the apartment now?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39706194

This c**t is worse than Inspector Clouseau.

Asked if police were any closer to solving the case than they were six years ago, Mr Rowley said: "I know we have a significant line of inquiry which is worth pursuing, and because it's worth pursuing it could provide an answer, but until we've gone through it I won't know whether we are going to get there or not."

But he added that "there was no reason whatsoever" to suspect Madeleine's parents were involved in her disappearance.

If the parents weren't involved then I think the worst part now would be that they really don't know what she looks like. As a result every time they see a child anywhere with any sort of resemblance it must be hard not to want to ask the people with said child a lot of questions about their kid in an accusing manner.

7 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

If the parents weren't involved then I think the worst part now would be that they really don't know what she looks like. As a result every time they see a child anywhere with any sort of resemblance it must be hard not to want to ask the people with said child a lot of questions about their kid in an accusing manner.

Nah, she's got that funny eye thing we were all supposed to be looking out for.

A bit like the twitch Gerry gets anytime he sees a spade.

7 hours ago, Zen Archer said:

Rowley said: "I know we have a significant line of inquiry which is worth pursuing, and because it's worth pursuing it could provide an answer..."

Completely misunderstands causality IMO.

It would be reasonable to say, "... because it could provide an answer, it's worth pursuing..."

Also, while there may be no reason to conclude that G&K were involved, there's plenty of reason to suspect it. Again, Rowley's thinking seems a bit addled.

8 hours ago, Zen Archer said:

Her mother Kate described the approaching 10th anniversary as a "horrible marker of time, stolen time".

Is this what she's calling the time she was away from the apartment now?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39706194

This c**t is worse than Inspector Clouseau.

Asked if police were any closer to solving the case than they were six years ago, Mr Rowley said: "I know we have a significant line of inquiry which is worth pursuing, and because it's worth pursuing it could provide an answer, but until we've gone through it I won't know whether we are going to get there or not."

But he added that "there was no reason whatsoever" to suspect Madeleine's parents were involved in her disappearance.

8 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

57 minutes ago, sugna said:

Completely misunderstands causality IMO.

It would be reasonable to say, "... because it could provide an answer, it's worth pursuing..."

Also, while there may be no reason to conclude that G&K were involved, there's plenty of reason to suspect it. Again, Rowley's thinking seems a bit addled.

The parents were involved. It was entirely due to their neglect that this child disappeared. That they've never been charged with child neglect, and have since gone on to become some kind of celebrities in the eyes of the media is a fucking obscenity.

18 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

The parents were involved. It was entirely due to their neglect that this child disappeared. That they've never been charged with child neglect, and have since gone on to become some kind of celebrities in the eyes of the media is a fucking obscenity.

That's the good old fair-minded MSM and PCS for you.

2 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

I don't think they want to be celebs but if publicity keeps the hunt going for their daughter then fair enough.  Being a father of a little girl I can't think of anything worse than her going missing, especially if I could have prevented it.  Fair play to the parents because I would have probably topped myself by now. 

What, they won't be digging her up?

Took one for the team and watched this. Utter click bait rubbish. Didn't tell us anything we didn't already know.

The parents denied killing her.
An American criminologist (plugging a book) said it had to be them and claimed the friends were in on it too.
UK police believe she was kidnapped and could be in North Africa or Middle East.
Former Portuguese detective (plugging a book) believes MI6 covered the whole thing up.
Someone else said that they'd likely never solve it until a body say found.

The only thing missing was a clairvoyant claiming to talk to Maddie, suggestion of alien abduction or blaming Airdrie Utd.

7 hours ago, Swarley said:

The only thing missing was a clairvoyant claiming to talk to Maddie, suggestion of alien abduction or blaming Airdrie Utd.

All more likely than finding out Gerry wasn't involved IMO.

On 26/04/2017 at 11:55, Bambino7 said:

I don't think they want to be celebs but if publicity keeps the hunt going for their daughter then fair enough.  Being a father of a little girl I can't think of anything worse than her going missing, especially if I could have prevented it.  Fair play to the parents because I would have probably topped myself by now. 

Going by what you have just said, you don't sound like the person who would leave their kid in a hotel room so you could go out for dinner.

As a parent, if I was that desperate for a few drinks and something to eat while on holiday, I would take my boy with me. Or you take turns staying in since they were in a group.

They will never get any sympathy from me for that.

Though I reckon they dumped her in the sea themselves.

Going by what you have just said, you don't sound like the person who would leave their kid in a hotel room so you could go out for dinner.
As a parent, if I was that desperate for a few drinks and something to eat while on holiday, I would take my boy with me. Or you take turns staying in since they were in a group.

Are you from Montrose?

11 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

No idea what happened to the kid, but Portugal's a place where it's perfectly socially acceptable to take babies and toddlers out late at night, letting them sleep in their buggies or crawl around if it's not too hectic. They were educated and well travelled parents, they would have known that. Or they could easily have afforded to hire a babysitter.

32 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

If I was anywhere, anywhere at all there's zero danger I would ever take a risk, even so minimal.  If we are out I only don't have panic if she's with my mum or one or the other half parents.  The guilt and pain they must go through knowing it could have been avoided as well as thinking of my wee girl scared out her mind shouting for Daddy and saying "no" to some stranger gives me shivers tho.  My daughter is 2 in July and if she was taken she would push nd scream and say no if it wasn't her dad or mum. Surely it would be similar elsewhere? Being snatched has to be a parents worse nightmare, either way they will be racked with guilt but I reckon had one of them killed her they would have cracked and separated by now regardless of the situation. I would dob her In right away never mind help and stay with her, no fuckin danger. 

Edited by Bambino7