Equine Eggstravaganza

igor

10 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

I've no idea from that vid how big the gap is but jockeys will always go to the right as taking it on the left would be a DQ if the fence was to be bypassed (obviously the opposite holds for some other tracks).

Gap was fairly big, and as you say, must be the opposite for P'ton, as there's no way they could take it on the right due to the rail.

It’s all down to opinions and I don’t agree with the fact that there was no statement issued last night and today his explanation doesn’t sit well with me. Todays statement is  “i thought i heard a shout and thought I had to bypass the last fence” no other jockeys heard a shout and since when would a fence be bypassed by nothing but a shout there’s clear procedures in place for that sort of thing that Townend will be more than aware of. 

So far today he has ridden two winner out of 3 with one to go. 

A ban should be immediate but no it will kick in after the festival and will be of no great significance to Townend as he misses hee haw of note. Thats not right in my opinion either. 

Edited by diamond_for_life

1 hour ago, diamond_for_life said:

It’s all down to opinions and I don’t agree with the fact that there was no statement issued last night and today his explanation doesn’t sit well with me. Todays statement is  “i thought i heard a shout and thought I had to bypass the last fence” no other jockeys heard a shout and since when would a fence be bypassed by nothing but a shout there’s clear procedures in place for that sort of thing that Townend will be more than aware of. 

I think it's possible he threw an innocent wobbly but it's also possible he was under serious pressure to himself and/or family to fix the result and he panicked seeing how the race was going after he looked over his shoulder. I know about this stuff, I've read a couple of Dick Francis books.

6 hours ago, diamond_for_life said:

Aye thats one way to bounce back after the fears for his mental well-being. 

Ive a few on today but been smashed by the bookies so far.

Doubled my (small) bet with him placing in 3 out of four today.

8 hours ago, Tynieness said:

I'm off to Doncaster races tomorrow.  Anyone been?

8 hours ago, Tynieness said:

I'm off to Doncaster races tomorrow.  Anyone been?

Aye decent track with big betting halls and bars. 

As with all Saturday meetings might be a few piss heeds around. 

It's probably a good half hour walk from the train station. we used to stop off en route at the salutation bar (good for the real ale enthusiast) to break the journey. Its roughly half way from the centre. 

Edited by newcastle broon

• 1 month later...

Hugh Taylor has one rip today, Topology in the 7.20 at Wolverhampton. Got him at 18s into  4/1 favourite now. 

Had a couple of bets on his fancy yesterday, Round The Island at 3/1.

Had a 5free bet with Skybet on Saturday, so it went on a 6horse E/W Heinz, which has given me my biggest ever win.

I'd watched the first three before heading in took town, I'd checked cash out after Cosmelli won (what a price) it was something like 248, but before I could even think about it, it was suspebded for the 13:45. Checking back a few minutes later, I was offered 640ish. As I mulled it over, the odds Watersmeet must have been tumbling, because before I knew it, I had this....

20180702_013659.jpg

On 02/07/2018 at 01:43, Paris Hilltoon said:

Had a 5free bet with Skybet on Saturday, so it went on a 6horse E/W Heinz, which has given me my biggest ever win.

I'd watched the first three before heading in took town, I'd checked cash out after Cosmelli won (what a price) it was something like 248, but before I could even think about it, it was suspebded for the 13:45. Checking back a few minutes later, I was offered 640ish. As I mulled it over, the odds Watersmeet must have been tumbling, because before I knew it, I had this....

20180702_013659.jpg

That's glorious if a wee bit confusing. My biggest win came from what I thought was a daft £1 or 50p each way Canadian on Cheltenham Gold Cup day, two wins and the rest places iirc. £3 thousand odd. I know next to nothing about horses and just read up the Racing Post a bit.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...