Equine Eggstravaganza

igor

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Think I'd have let it ride if that was already in the bank.

Basically getting £7k at 12/1, for someone betting in 10p's it's usually life changing money in the short term, I'm a mad gambler and I'm not sure I'd have let it run, it's all hypothetical so couldn't say with any certainty what I'd do in that circumstance, hopefully he enjoys it, or at least enjoys the extra peace of mind that it brings for a wee while.

1 hour ago, newcastle broon said:

Thinking of going to Cartmel races next month. 

Anybody got any info on where's best to park, enclosure, views etc. 

Is it better doing a park and ride by train. 

I'll be taking my elderly parents so no too far a walk if possible. 

Thanks in advance. 

I don't know what it is but Cartmel is the only minor track I've really wanted to visit, their 3 day festival is spread over 5 days so they can get a day of rest after each days racing, average crowd is phenomenal for a minor track. 

My thinking would have been that 8 grand would be brilliant, 15 even better, but 95 would be off the scale. So if the last horse didn't come in I'd still be well chuffed. Suspect Device clearly made the right call, just explaining how my gambling mind works.

Edited by welshbairn

4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

My thinking would have been that 8 grand would be brilliant, 15 even better, but 95 would be off the scale. So if the last horse didn't come in I'd still be well chuffed. Suspect Device clearly made the right call, just explaining how my gambling mind works.

My brain works like that as well but you're still sticking £7k on a 12/1 shot at the end of the day, the minute they offer you that cashback it's your money if you want it, in my day you didn't get the choice, I remember getting pipped for £12k when I was about 12,13,14 years old, I think I'd have accepted a cashout back then as I was on half a quid a week pocket money.

I do remember having £1100 when I was 14, 2 days and the bookies had 95% of it back.

1 hour ago, ayrmad said:

My brain works like that as well but you're still sticking £7k on a 12/1 shot at the end of the day, the minute they offer you that cashback it's your money if you want it, in my day you didn't get the choice, I remember getting pipped for £12k when I was about 12,13,14 years old, I think I'd have accepted a cashout back then as I was on half a quid a week pocket money.

I do remember having £1100 when I was 14, 2 days and the bookies had 95% of it back.

I can see that, but he had the chance of a place too.

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, jagfox99 said:

Lady Aurelia seems the only danger. The book seems to match that but I'd go Baattash. 

A real danger, no doubt. Would have been good if the rain in Glasgow was in York, even if LA has won a Grade 1 on soft. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...