Equine Eggstravaganza

igor

Thank god Cheltenham is over. Bad week.

Lucinda Russell has got her yard in good form at the moment and had another couple of winners yesterday.

2 run at Uttoxeter today - Newtown Lad runs at 2.25 but dont fancy it up in class and rating after winning last time out. Sky Khan running at 3.00 seems like a good outside shot at 18/1. Has went well off a break before. Slightly down in class for his comeback run and has dropped in the weights slightly. Might need this run but a small each way is worth a punt.

Now looking at the ante post for Grand National (got Many Clouds at (I think) 33/1 a couple of years ago, that ended up a good weekend [emoji16]) and there's a lot of recognisable Cheltenham names.

But also some apparently seriously short odds. Minella Rocco stands out- it was second in a race on Friday but seemingly a 10/1 JF for the National??

Alvarado and Shutthefontdoor are old soldiers and both at 40/1, probably correct. But I had Bless the Wings on Weds when it came 2nd and it too is 40/1. Seems long to me.

Never much fun backing favourites. Anyone have any views?

Now looking at the ante post for Grand National (got Many Clouds at (I think) 33/1 a couple of years ago, that ended up a good weekend [emoji16]) and there's a lot of recognisable Cheltenham names.

But also some apparently seriously short odds. Minella Rocco stands out- it was second in a race on Friday but seemingly a 10/1 JF for the National??

Alvarado and Shutthefontdoor are old soldiers and both at 40/1, probably correct. But I had Bless the Wings on Weds when it came 2nd and it too is 40/1. Seems long to me.

Never much fun backing favourites. Anyone have any views?

Minella Rocco and Shutthefrontdoor will not be running in the national

Big River 2.40 at Kelso today 4/1.

Ran mostly well in 2nd on its last race (couple of dodgy jumps as it started gettting competitive towards the end). Back on ground that suits today, goes off rock bottom weight plus has the assistance of an in form 7lb claimer today. Might have some competition from Seeyouatmidnight who is potentially angling towards the Scottish national and has won some good races in its time but pulled up when last seen over 4 months ago.

Ran mostly well in 2nd on its last race (couple of dodgy jumps as it started gettting competitive towards the end). Back on ground that suits today, goes off rock bottom weight plus has the assistance of an in form 7lb claimer today. Might have some competition from Seeyouatmidnight who is potentially angling towards the Scottish national and has won some good races in its time but pulled up when last seen over 4 months ago.

Well played that man. Lumped on and thank you!

8 hours ago, al-be-oh-nee said:

I love you x

10 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

Bad luck bud - given your recent form I'd have followed you. Just because I didn't see this til now, saved myself £20. Keep em coming though...

Was consistent, started at the back and stayed there. Must have been a bit poorly after the journey, where the fcuk is Hexham anyway? Seconding keep them coming.

4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Was consistent, started at the back and stayed there. Must have been a bit poorly after the journey, where the fcuk is Hexham anyway? Seconding keep them coming.

Hexham is a very enjoyable place to go racing.  Probably about 20 mile from Newcastle, a decent sized venue though it's at the top of a bloody hill.  Well worth a trip though, especially an overnight stay as there are lots of decent boozers and restaurants.

Last time I went I drove down and stayed overnight.

On 28/03/2017 at 18:43, Tynieness said:

Hexham is a very enjoyable place to go racing.  Probably about 20 mile from Newcastle, a decent sized venue though it's at the top of a bloody hill.  Well worth a trip though, especially an overnight stay as there are lots of decent boozers and restaurants.

Last time I went I drove down and stayed overnight.

Agreed nice friendly toon and course BUT When the wind blows it's feckn freezing. 

Very popular night meetings in the summer months with diy bbq s on the grass. 

2nd highest course in Britain. 

Today in the 1st race Ian Jardine s horse was Gambled from 28s to 8s. 

Somebody knew something :(

Edited by newcastle broon

13 hours ago, alta-pete said:

Bad luck bud - given your recent form I'd have followed you. Just because I didn't see this til now, saved myself £20. Keep em coming though...

Really never got into the race. Just didnt look like it could handle the step up in class at all.