The Leeds Thread

Guest The Ger

Are they! I saw Fulham win at Ipswich on Boxing Day and was really impressed with them. 

If we had out full team we'd have beat them but we didn't and ex Leeds youth player Cairney punished us.

I fancy us as favourites for the play offs.

Lets put things in perspective here. The Mighty Whites are unbeaten in seven games and with eight games to go are THIRD in the form table over last 6 games, behind Villa in first and QPR in second place neither of which have in a realistic chance of reaching the playoffs. Our nearest rivals are Huddersfield in 7th place, Fulham in 10th, Brighton 11th, Newcastle 13th , Reading 15th and Sheffield Wednesday 21st place!!! Garry Monk is amazing and has surpassed all expectations in such a short space of time. Nothing has been achieved yet by any team but we are streets ahead of most of our main rivals so lets keep the pressure on our rivals and march towards promotion!!
Edited by Glasgow Loon

Brighton and Newcastle both play next two at home v weak sides although we are better away from St James'. It's certainly more interesting than the top of the premier league and I've enjoyed it more than playing for mid table at best, obviously I'll be punching f**k out of a horse should we blow automatic promotion.  Be impossible to call a play off winner but would make for very entertaining games, would hope one of the Yorkshire clubs would go up as it's been a while for any of them.

A good game between two sides who played Football, Preston should have been 2-0 up before we scored and then ir was one way traffic for the rest of the 1st half.

2nd half Preston had a few early chances but didnt take them and then hit the bar and headed over before Doukara sealed it in injury time.

Roll on Friday in Newcastle.

Absolute scenes in the home end, I wasn't able to contain myself when it hit the net and jumped up. Sprinted out but my mate got grabbed by the throat. Leeds robbed Newcastle tonight, if they stagger through the playoffs it'll be a record low points total next year. Some buzz though.

Absolute scenes in the home end, I wasn't able to contain myself when it hit the net and jumped up. Sprinted out but my mate got grabbed by the throat. Leeds robbed Newcastle tonight, if they stagger through the playoffs it'll be a record low points total next year. Some buzz though.

IF they go up I'm sure a rebuilding job will be the task for the summer. You'd need to see the squad before coming away with a comment like that

Would you expect Cellino to give Monk lots of money to spend in the event of promotion?

Nope, thankfully he is not in complete control anymore.

We robbed Newcastle tonight, which makes that draw so much sweeter.

Would you expect Cellino to give Monk lots of money to spend in the event of promotion?

No, I think Cellino knows that if Leeds go up he can't afford to give Monk a decent transfer budget and that's why he brought Radrizzani on board as well. With the two of them there I don't see why Leeds can't compete budget wise with the likes of Bournemouth and Burnley in the PL. There's also the attraction of playing for Leeds United, massive club and it's great to see we're on our way back.

There's no doubt that Leeds are bigger than the two mentioned, but I'm not really sure how much of a shit players give about clubs' histories. Burnley and Bournemouth have the advantage of an extra one-two years in the Premier League, with the vast swathes of cash that ensues. Indeed, I'm sure I read something stating that, ludicrously, both would be in the richest thirty clubs on the planet.

I've been relatively impressed when I've seen Leeds play this season. You would still need to spend a lot of money though. Does this Radrizzani have lots to burn? First time I've heard of him.

There's no doubt that Leeds are bigger than the two mentioned, but I'm not really sure how much of a shit players give about clubs' histories. Burnley and Bournemouth have the advantage of an extra one-two years in the Premier League, with the vast swathes of cash that ensues. Indeed, I'm sure I read something stating that, ludicrously, both would be in the richest thirty clubs on the planet.

I've been relatively impressed when I've seen Leeds play this season. You would still need to spend a lot of money though. Does this Radrizzani have lots to burn? First time I've heard of him.

Not exactly sure how much money the guy has but found an interesting article on him and his company that may lead into the figures of personal worth.

http://www.idradebeleeds.com/latestnews/report-italian-businessman-close-buying-major-stake-leeds-united/