The Leeds Thread

Guest The Ger

On 08/01/2018 at 17:33, Scary Bear said:

Think it was the old Hereford RIP.

1 hour ago, Girth said:

It was. I miss 'em. 

The new club are amazing but it'll never quite be the same.

at least you still have edgar street - i'd rather have a new club and the old stadium !

The good side of LUFC and also well done Mr Saiz for his donation which I presume is his fine for the incident at Newport:-

£200,000 raised for Toby Nye..

It is with great pride that Leeds United can announce that the funds for Toby Nye’s Neuroblastoma treatment have been successfully raised.

Generous donations from Chairman Andrea Radrizzani and supporters of Leeds United, as well as a day’s salary from players and staff at the club have gone towards raising around £175,000 - the final £25,000 has been donated by Samuel Saiz this week.

Five-year-old Toby, from Leeds, will begin his treatment next week.

Leeds United Managing Director Angus Kinnear said: “ We talk about family and togetherness a lot at our club, it’s a culture we have been determined to reinstate across everyone involved with Leeds and raising this money has truly been a team effort.

“Staff, players, corporate partners and our supporters have united together to give Toby the best opportunity with further treatment and I am incredibly proud of everyone concerned.”

Toby Nye will attend Saturday’s game with Millwall, the last time he can come to Elland Road before his great ember begins.

Adam Forshaw in from Boro for £4.5m. Not sure what to make of this signing, a positive is that Warnock was in for him and to be fair he does know a good Championship player when he sees one.

A proper centre forward is a must though or it will be another season that passes us by.

5 hours ago, List_of_Jericho said:

Adam Forshaw in from Boro for £4.5m. Not sure what to make of this signing, a positive is that Warnock was in for him and to be fair he does know a good Championship player when he sees one.

A proper centre forward is a must though or it will be another season that passes us by.

Seems the deal is £3m up front with the rest add-on's.

Dont think another forward will be brought in, as Derby offered us Chris Martin but his wages are to high, still you never know as Rads and Orta play their cards very close to their chest's and give nothing away.

Forshaw wont make his debut tomorrow either as he has a slight injury according to TC press conference today.

Should change the title to community, 

42 minutes ago, Glasgow Loon said:

Seems the deal is £3m up front with the rest add-on's.

Dont think another forward will be brought in, as Derby offered us Chris Martin but his wages are to high, still you never know as Rads and Orta play their cards very close to their chest's and give nothing away.

Forshaw wont make his debut tomorrow either as he has a slight injury according to TC press conference today.

Behave. 

7 hours ago, List_of_Jericho said:

I'd get rid of Lassogga ASAP and try to use the wages elsewhere. Doesn't necessarily need to be a target man coming in but someone who can bring Saiz, Hernandez and Alioski into play would be very welcome.

Regardless, I think a play-off spot is the absolute best case scenario, and even then I don't see Leeds beating two of eg Derby, Villa, Fulham back to back. If they went up they'd get horsed without signing about 14 or 15 new players anyway. About 3 or 4 of the starting XI at the moment aren't up to scratch for a title push in the Championship.