N H L Returns: Official Ice hockey thread

Savage Henry

I know there was a previous NHL thread but it's a long way away and I can't search for it as NHL has less than 4 letters <_<

So who do we think looks good so far? Obviously Pens looked pretty good destroying Ottawa, but they were on their way down anyway. The Rangers have been decent but they've owned the Devils all season, and if Avery wins the SC I'll be devastated. I'm mainly a West Coast follower though and nobody over here really looks like doing it if I'm honest, Sharks and Red Wings have been disappointing so far, so I'd back Penguins or the Habs to win it, hopefully the Habs, as long as it isn't the Rangers, Flyers or fucking Flames.

I know there was a previous NHL thread but it's a long way away and I can't search for it as NHL has less than 4 letters <_<

So who do we think looks good so far? Obviously Pens looked pretty good destroying Ottawa, but they were on their way down anyway. The Rangers have been decent but they've owned the Devils all season, and if Avery wins the SC I'll be devastated. I'm mainly a West Coast follower though and nobody over here really looks like doing it if I'm honest, Sharks and Red Wings have been disappointing so far, so I'd back Penguins or the Habs to win it, hopefully the Habs, as long as it isn't the Rangers, Flyers or fucking Flames.

No Idea what That Means But I Have Always Been A Fan Of The Pittsburgh Penguins, So, Yeah. Go Penguins! :D

No Idea what That Means But I Have Always Been A Fan Of The Pittsburgh Penguins, So, Yeah. Go Penguins! :D

Why do you persist in typing like that? It is seriously irritating and I don't know why. Makes you look like a retard too.

I'll be rooting for the Sharks.

Pittsburgh have just beaten NYR to go top of the Eastern. Deecent game, we had 3 PPs without any shots though which is unusual. Hossa got a goal too which I was happy about, and also Crosby getting back in was important. He looked good.

Go Penguins! :D

Sharks currently standing at two games apiece with Calgary. Game five is currently on the air, and it stands at 0-0.

Obviously, I have been the kiss of death for the Devils. 1-3 down against the Rangers, a team we have a 1-7 regular season record against (and that 1 was the last game of the regular season when there was nothing to play for).

We're fecked

Always happy to see the Flames lose, brings some joy back to a bad day after the Habs and Caps lost and I failed an exam.

Well, they certainly have been playing some oddly ramshackle hockey in the post season. Incidentally, the Sharks won today to take a lead in the series, thus proving the unwritten rule in hockey true... give the puck to Joe Thornton. Good lord he is a heck of a player.

The Pens totally destoyed the Senators, which is great cause I hate Danny Alfredsson. 11 years of straight playoff action and captain magnificent has still never won anything! :lol: Crosby and Malkin are awesome together, what a paretenership. With Ryan Malone playing well to, I've got to (with complete bias) go for the Pens to win the Cup.

The Montreal - Boston tie is very interesting, if Boston win the next game (it's in Montreal so I doubt it) it's going to a 7th match. I'd love to see that, partly because I don't like Montreal, partly because Tim Thomas is one of my favourite goalies.

The surprise team for me so far has been the Flyers though, jeezo, Washington absolutely rampaged the tail end of the season yet one more win in D.C. for the Flyers and the Caps are out. It's a shame really, cause I quite like them, but the fact that they qualified has IMO guarenteed Alex Ovechkin the MVP award for this season.

Anyway, that's my input so far. Oh, that and the fact that I'm shocked that with the quality of Datsyuk et all that the Detroit Red Wings haven't managed to murder the Predators.

For now, GO PENGUINS!

The Pens totally destoyed the Senators, which is great cause I hate Danny Alfredsson. 11 years of straight playoff action and captain magnificent has still never won anything! :lol: Crosby and Malkin are awesome together, what a paretenership. With Ryan Malone playing well to, I've got to (with complete bias) go for the Pens to win the Cup.

The Montreal - Boston tie is very interesting, if Boston win the next game (it's in Montreal so I doubt it) it's going to a 7th match. I'd love to see that, partly because I don't like Montreal, partly because Tim Thomas is one of my favourite goalies.

The surprise team for me so far has been the Flyers though, jeezo, Washington absolutely rampaged the tail end of the season yet one more win in D.C. for the Flyers and the Caps are out. It's a shame really, cause I quite like them, but the fact that they qualified has IMO guarenteed Alex Ovechkin the MVP award for this season.

Anyway, that's my input so far. Oh, that and the fact that I'm shocked that with the quality of Datsyuk et all that the Detroit Red Wings haven't managed to murder the Predators.

For now, GO PENGUINS!

Well done Pens

They were fucking awesome!

Although the Sens were decidedly ordinary

Flames got beat yesterday, which means the Sharks take a 3-2 lead into the game at the Saddledome, make or break now for the Flames

:(

Edited by Mr. Brightside

How bad are the Ducks doing!

In their first two games they gave up 9 goals (I think) and six (yes 6!) were on the PP!

I liked how on Channel 5, that Russell guy wrote Dallas off, saying "Yeah their form his taken a right dip" :lol:

Edited by Mr. Brightside

Well done Pens

They were fucking awesome!

Although the Sens were decidedly ordinary

Flames got beat yesterday, which means the Sharks take a 3-2 lead into the game at the Saddledome, make or break now for the Flames

:(

Injuries didn't help the Sens, but even then Heatley etc. were all very underwhelming when they did play. It was a surprise to me cause I think like a lot of people I expected them to be one of the favourites this year. Won der what happened...

Rangers won last night to become the 2nd team to bag their series too, meaning they'll play the Penguins in the next round. A great chance to crush Sean Avery.

Injuries didn't help the Sens, but even then Heatley etc. were all very underwhelming when they did play. It was a surprise to me cause I think like a lot of people I expected them to be one of the favourites this year. Won der what happened...

Rangers won last night to become the 2nd team to bag their series too, meaning they'll play the Penguins in the next round. A great chance to crush Sean Avery.

Yeah I know what you mean

They were doing amazing in the regular season for a while then just died, and it continued into the Play-offs

Good, I fucking hate that kunt, hopefully Sergei puts him through the glass or something

OK well maybe this won't happen now that Boston have forced a 7th game against the Habs, and the Flyers are maybe even looking a bit shaky now.

Flyers should have too much for the Capitals unfortunately, and even though the momentum is with Boston, Habs really should be too good for them at home, Carey Price doesn't fill me with confidence though, he will be a great goaltender for years, but this is the kind of game that could break him.