N H L Returns: Official Ice hockey thread

Savage Henry

Be sure to get tickets for whenever the Burgundy Juggernaut next rolls into town

Rantanen
Rantanen
He's our Finnish scoring genius
With a twenty-four inch penis
He doesn't need a stick
Cause they go in off his dick

And he's white, so it's not racist.

Edited by Miguel Sanchez

1 hour ago, Torpar said:

Oh dear. And at least Matthews knows who Nelson Mandela was (probably)

Second game of a back to back with half the team having the flu, I'll take a 4-2 loss. Of course the joy of being an Avalanche fan now is the team's just won ten straight games and we're fifth in the division. And Bernier can carry on believing that Cecil the lion was King of Africa for all I care.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Yes, but

What a fucking team.

Congrats on making the playoffs! I was at the 'dome for the Vegas game, but I saw you'd spanked the Blues on the big jumbotron thingy during the game. 

From dead last to playoffs in a year is pretty impressive. Hope you give the Preds a shoeing! 

Edited by Leggy Blonde

Playing the Bruins again in the playoffs gives me the fear, but I’m still going to down tools at 3pm today and try and get a ticket for one of the first round games.

Not seen it mentioned anywhere else on here but thought this might be the best place to bring it up. After watching the build up to the Leafs-Habs game on Saturday, I found myself not really caring who won for once, I actually found it quite hard to concentrate on the game. The CBC build up to the game was focused solely on the Humboldt Broncos bus crash that happened on Friday night. Not sure if it made the news in the UK. I’m usually unmoved by similar events as I feel no personal connection to them and I usually hate the ‘grief culture’ of people latching onto every major event these days. Changing your picture on Facebook etc. But watching people like Ron MacLean and Colby Armstrong talking about the crash and seeing these grown men crying on TV actually made me shed a tear myself. Horrible tragedy all round but glad to see the way it’s been handled by the hockey world in general.

1 hour ago, Torpar said:

Playing the Bruins again in the playoffs gives me the fear, but I’m still going to down tools at 3pm today and try and get a ticket for one of the first round games.

Not seen it mentioned anywhere else on here but thought this might be the best place to bring it up. After watching the build up to the Leafs-Habs game on Saturday, I found myself not really caring who won for once, I actually found it quite hard to concentrate on the game. The CBC build up to the game was focused solely on the Humboldt Broncos bus crash that happened on Friday night. Not sure if it made the news in the UK. I’m usually unmoved by similar events as I feel no personal connection to them and I usually hate the ‘grief culture’ of people latching onto every major event these days. Changing your picture on Facebook etc. But watching people like Ron MacLean and Colby Armstrong talking about the crash and seeing these grown men crying on TV actually made me shed a tear myself. Horrible tragedy all round but glad to see the way it’s been handled by the hockey world in general.

My missus is an RN and used to work in A+E at St Pauls in Sask. We're good friends with a couple of the medics and nurses who responded to the "code orange" that was sent out on Friday night, immediately after the crash. The stories we've heard through these folks is utterly heartbreaking. The tribute at the Flames/Vegas game on Saturday was very touching and emotional. I've only been in Canada a few years but it's hard to ignore how close knit the hockey community is here.  

Oh Philpy  Philly! I can see a sweep in that series, probably not worth watching. I caught the end of the Jets-Wild game. The White Out is a beautiful sight. The length of time the last couple of minutes took to play in that game reminded me of the end of close NBA games. Play for 20 seconds then another whistle. Glad the Jets saw the game for a win, their fans seem to be the polar opposite of Toronto fans, I hope they go far this year. Didn't see any of the West Coast game but good on Vegas for getting the win, their fans have been waiting a long time for their first playoff win...

Plenty of hockey on tap for tonight, I (un)fortunately have a playoff game of my own to play in tonight so will miss most of the Leafs game, was nice to see a lot of people with hockey jerseys on the subway, at work and at lunch today. Plenty of Leafs jerseys but also plenty of other team jerseys as part of nationwide idea to remember the Humboldt Broncos

On ‎08‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 20:06, Miguel Sanchez said:

We're going to get absolutely ridden. Winning a game would be an achievement.

Scenes all over the shop here.

Oh well. All this is does is add the Predators to my shitlist. Anyone but them or Pittsburgh or Tampa Bay.

16 hours ago, jagfox99 said:

Can the Leafs get to the next round? I only seem to have caught the games the Bruins have won in this series :unsure:

Kindly don't watch tonight's game. It's a big night for Toronto sports, Leafs, Raptors, Toronto FC,  Marlies all playing playoff type games. (TFC playing the second league of the Champions League final) Jays also playing at home. After the first two games in Boston I resigned myself to either a sweep or a 4-1.  Happy I've been proved wrong. If the Leafs do lost tonight I will hopefully jump on the Winnipeg bandwagon, I've enjoyed watching their games much more than the Leafs. The Whiteout is a thing of beauty