N H L Returns: Official Ice hockey thread

Savage Henry

On 10/12/2017 at 03:13, morrison said:

03359a0642f13ced724b8c9544480221.jpg

I have absolutely no idea what's going on but it's been good enough fun. Shame the home team's getting pumped, including conceding when up 5 v 3 at one point. 5-3 Devils with 4 to go.

Shame? That was the only enjoyable leafs game this season. Them being good now is utterly intolerable.

Shame? That was the only enjoyable leafs game this season. Them being good now is utterly intolerable.

Being in tourist mode and not being well versed in the game, a home win would've been nice. Any particular reason for the dislike?

That's me 0/3 with home team wins when I've been over there. If you need someone to lose, feel free to send me there. Expenses paid, obviously.

Being in tourist mode and not being well versed in the game, a home win would've been nice. Any particular reason for the dislike?

That's me 0/3 with home team wins when I've been over there. If you need someone to lose, feel free to send me there. Expenses paid, obviously.

Essentially they are the old firm. The Canadian media is 95% Leafs coverage. Even in other Canadian cities with NHL teams. The weird thing is, until the last 2 years, they were utter garbage. Now they high draft picks are kicking in and they appointed a top coach, so they're good.

A good example is a recent TSN headline that read 'is Austin Matthews getting enough credit'. On the side bar to the article, the top 5 articles on the website were about Austin Matthews.

Thankfully, Ottawa kept up their brilliant recent record over the leafs and won 6-3 on Saturday night [emoji16]. Over half of the Ottawa arena is leafs fans for these games as season ticket holders sell off their tickets to Leafs fans for good money. Also, Ottawa fans hate these games because the behaviour of Leafs fans in their arena is 90% intolerable.

The Saturday night games between the leafs and Sens and covered by national Canadian TV. The commentary should therefore be neutral no? Not a chance. Great goals for the leafs, lucky goals for Sens. Great saves by leafs keeper, lucky saves by Sens keeper. It's funny that media coverage in other countries is so similar to our own media's OF love in.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...