N H L Returns: Official Ice hockey thread

Savage Henry

19 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

Cheers the other option is head over to the Providence Centre to see capitals or lightning which would save me approx $90 on game tickets.

No interest in heading out to Islanders.

I loved the PC tbh, it's a far better place to watch Hockey for me, but if you've not been to MSG before then I'd maybe head there just so you can see it due to all the history etc. If you've been before then PC is great imo.

On 9/14/2017 at 22:39, Miguel Sanchez said:

Still, we've got (post hip-surgery) Jared Cowen on a PTO, I'm sure @tigerton will have a wee chuckle at another Senators cast-off inevitably making the team.

Oh boy, you are in for a treat! 

Still, it's only a PTO, might be enough time for the Avs to realise he's dogshit.

Collective opinion seems to be that he can't skate and doesn't know where he should be, so hopefully cheapness wins out and we have some variation of Mironov/Bigras/Siemens/Lindholm on the bottom pairing who offer a similar ability level while being much more cost-controlled.

Paid $50 a ticket to watch the Leafs-Red Wings preseason game on Saturday, turned out to be more of a Marlies-Griffins game, I recognised more of the Detroit players than Toronto. Game was at the 8,000 capacity Ricoh Coliseum, I much prefer watching games there to the Air Canada Centre. Two days to go....

Solid game last night from the Leafs, I'm looking forward to the parade down Yonge Street already! Felt like I was watching an under 12s game at some points though with the refs enforcing the little rules like visors fitting properly and jerseys untucked.

Also Jiri Hudler, some boy!

Edited by Torpar

On ‎30‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 11:25, Miguel Sanchez said:

Also after looking at the FreeSports schedule next week, it looks like they're going to be showing something called NHL On the Fly every day at 5PM with highlights and stuff, so it should be quite easy to follow most of the league this year.

Not sure how excited I am at Barry Melrose being on my television on a regular basis though tbqh