N H L Returns: Official Ice hockey thread

Savage Henry

My understanding of Chabot is that he's definitely not going anywhere. Of all the Duchene/Landeskog rumours I've seen Montreal and Boston respectively have seemed the most likely, and Montreal probably aren't doing anything now they've got a new coach.

My own opinion is that I'll have a heads gone the likes of which P&B has never seen if I ever see Matt Duchene in a non Avalanche/Canada jersey again.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if there have been any Avalanche trades yet today with the deadline being in three hours, but I'm watching our game against Philadelphia from last night first anyway. It's 3-0 Flyers after ten minutes. First one was a 3-on-1 shorthanded goal which went in off Beauchemin, second was a powerplay, third was a powerplay goal which also went in off Beauchemin. After the absolute worst penalty I've ever seen from Joe Colborne who fell on his arse and made up for it by chasing after a guy and battering him with his stick. Trade the whole team into the fucking sea. I'm not sure which situation I would be more effective in, getting a game for this team or against them. Either way I'd probably not look out of place.

PS if I finish this and discover Matt Duchene has been traded I'll be despondent

Senators trading a top prospect for 35 year old Alex Burrows... Not cool. Doesn't look like we'll get Duchene now. Would be nice to pick up something decent for Lazar in the next 2 hours. He's a bust.

Pay close attention to the second and see how waiver pick up and 3rd best Avalanche defenseman Mark Barberio has the puck taken off him by Burrows below the goal line and is still moaning to the ref as it's going in the net.

Rematch next Saturday.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be in New York at the time of the first round of the playoffs. I'm assuming they will only go on sale once the final game of the season on the 9th is finished and everyone knows who they are playing?

Anyone know how easy it would be to get a couple of tickets?

I'll be in New York at the time of the first round of the playoffs. I'm assuming they will only go on sale once the final game of the season on the 9th is finished and everyone knows who they are playing?

Depends how much you're willing to pay. Should be fairly easy if you're willing to pay for it as long as you know when they're going on sale.

Hockey is my favourite American sport to be at live. Can't wait to go back, will be at the lightning opening game for the third season in a row in October.

47 minutes ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

Depends how much you're willing to pay. Should be fairly easy if you're willing to pay for it as long as you know when they're going on sale.

Hockey is my favourite American sport to be at live. Can't wait to go back, will be at the lightning opening game for the third season in a row in October.

Been at a few playoff games before but with family, so no idea when/how to get tickets myself. Will just need to keep an eye on it.

18 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Hope the Islanders make it and you can get one of the obstructed view seats in their basketball arena. Trying to get one for MSG will probably be difficult.