N H L Returns: Official Ice hockey thread

Savage Henry

5 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

This will be the Leaf's year...

You've said that already this season jaggy, it's not happening

4 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Where are they from MS?

The Montreal Canadiens[note 1] (French: Les Canadiens de Montréal) are a Canadian professional ice hockey team based in Montreal, Quebec, that competes in the National Hockey League (NHL). They are members of the league's Atlantic Division in the Eastern Conference.

The club's official name is le Club de hockey Canadien.[2] The team is frequently referred to in English and French as the Habs. French nicknames for the team include Les Canadiens (or Le Canadien), Le Bleu-Blanc-Rouge, La Sainte-Flanelle,[3] Le Tricolore, Les Glorieux (or Nos Glorieux), Les Habitants, Le CH and Le Grand Club.

More recently, however...

dba194c0f6.png

19 hours ago, JamieStevenson said:

6-3 leafs it's getting better!

Always nice watching Vancouver have a collective heads gone moment. Burrows is a rat and it was hilarious watching Dorsett try and flee the linesman as he was being shepherded off.

Elsewhere and in much more sombre news, 34 year old former Avalanche player Marek Svatos was found dead earlier. He wasn't bad for a 7th rounder

Wife and two kids. Some horrible things floating about on the internet so my thoughts are with them and I'll leave it at that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just rewatched Sens game in LA from yesterday. A right dirty hit early on cost us on a 5 min PP. But something later in the game caught my eye, the referees recinded a penalty after about a minute of discussion. Right decision, but never seen a penalty recinded?

Managed to watch the first period of the game vs anaheim there before NHL.tv remembered it should be blocked out. Just as well as we're 3-1 down and playing awful.

• 4 weeks later...

It might be because I'm watching every game for the first time ever but I've never appreciated quite how bad an Avalanche team can be. 2008-09 still stands as the worst for personal reasons and because it was the first time we were that bad. 2010-11 was comical but you were numbed to it somewhat after what had come before. 2013 was borderline improbable but it was only half a season.

This time though... oof. It's just endless. It's astonishing that 20 people paid to be professional athletes can be this bad at it.

• 1 month later...
43 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

One of very few good things about this season:

After the Laine hit recently, you'd think the Jets would learn to skate with their heads up. Also, where was big Buff when all this was going on??

At least three Avalanche defensemen have been worse this year.

That is scary bad. Constant rumours of Avs and Sens trying to make a trade. Apparently the asking price for Duchene or Landeskog is Cecil, a 2017 first and one of White/Chabot (top 2 prospects, both have potential to be amazing). As much as it would be nice to get shot of Ceci, the prospects have to stay. Can't see them finding middle ground.