Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

When you ask someone what kind of music they listen to and they say “anything really”. Yeah mate you don’t look like the kind of guy that has listened to Schubert’s Unfinished Symphony, or have Pavarotti on your Spotify.

33 minutes ago, LincolnHearts said:

The red-dotting game.

Bit pointless when my opponent has over 6k posts to dot in comparison to my 2k. 

Must be looking for a lower score than Bennett :lol:  

You do know the whining about red dots rule, don't you?

2 hours ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

Not being able to get any sort of alcohol in Bangalore yesterday due to 3 dry days for elections. I'm in the airport now and it's even dry in the departure area.

Sair yin. Used to do India a fair bit in the 2000s when all domestic airports were dry. Fucking nightmare.

On 10/05/2018 at 23:08, IainMorton said:

When you ask someone what kind of music they listen to and they say “anything really”. Yeah mate you don’t look like the kind of guy that has listened to Schubert’s Unfinished Symphony, or have Pavarotti on your Spotify.

I'm one these people, but I specifically say "anything but Jazz" (which is just 'Turner Prize music').  Put my Spotify on shuffle and you could easily get something classical followed by Panterra / Megadeth. 

Anyway, I came on here to whinge about the million "we have updated your privacy conditions" emails and alerts over the past few weeks. Beyond petty now. 

Edited by Hedgecutter

20 hours ago, Margaret Thatcher said:

When people say hello when I'm making tea at work. That's where I go to switch off for 5 minutes, not to make forced chat about the "banging chocolate" someone brought in. FO.

This'll be you then:

Guest JTS98
On 5/11/2018 at 07:08, IainMorton said:

It's a rubbish question, though.

I hate being asked it. I, like most people, like many different artists and songs. But I often dislike artists and songs that are 'similar' to the artists and songs that I like. On my phone I have music by dozens of artists, some of which I listen to more often than others, but all of which are available to me and may be selected for tomorrow. These artists vary wildly in genre. So how exactly am I supposed to answer that question in any kind of accurate and meaningful way?

For example, I like some jazz and hate some jazz. I like some indie rock and hate some indie rock. I like some country and hate some country. I despise all EDM like a normal grown adult. I like some classical music and hate some classical music. I like some rap and hate some rap. I like some pop and hate some pop. I like a lot of songs by some artists while not really enjoying some other songs by those same artists. There are some artists I broadly don't enjoy listening to, but who have one or two songs that I do find enjoyable.

For most people the most truthful answer is probably not far away from 'Anything, really'. But it's a rubbish question. It's like saying 'What kind of food do you eat?'. The answer is usually too wide and varied to be useful or meaningful.

Edited by JTS98

13 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

It's a rubbish question, though.

I hate being asked it. I, like most people, like many different artists and songs. But I often dislike artists and songs that are 'similar' to the artists and songs that I like. On my phone I have music by dozens of artists, some of which I listen to more often than others, but all of which are available to me and may be selected for tomorrow. These artists vary wildly in genre. So how exactly am I supposed to answer that question in any kind of accurate and meaningful way?

For example, I like some jazz and hate some jazz. I like some indie rock and hate some indie rock. I like some country and hate some country. I despise all EDM like a normal grown adult. I like some classical music and hate some classical music. I like some rap and hate some rap. I like some pop and hate some pop. I like a lot of songs by some artists while not really enjoying some other songs by those same artists. There are some artists I broadly don't enjoy listening to, but who have one or two songs that I do find enjoyable.

For most people the most truthful answer is probably not far away from 'Anything, really'. But it's a rubbish question. It's like saying 'What kind of food do you eat?'. The answer is usually too wide and varied to be useful or meaningful.

^^^ Ed Sheeran and Chicken Nuggets fan.