Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

25 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Got maybe 2 hours sleep. Up already having breakfast and debating whether to get my shopping done early and done for the coming week before getting a haircut, then rat arsed at football later.

On a similar theme; not being able to enjoy a long lie anymore.

4 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Got maybe 2 hours sleep. Up already having breakfast and debating whether to get my shopping done early and done for the coming week before getting a haircut, then rat arsed at football later.

So how did that haircut go....

5 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Sleep difficulties generally result from a guilty conscience.  

You’re a bit of a weirdo.  Hopefully it’s only an online persona thing and you’re not like that IRL.

Congratulations, you just posted a hit piece. Bizarre how strong an opinion you have about someone you admit to knowing close to nothing about :unsure2:

Tbh I'm just bored of seeing Peterson now. I rather him as the supposed "right wing pick" in debates over idiots like Farage or Morgan, but he's gone from a fringe voice arguing against "state authoriantism" to the go to guy for all right wing based issues simply as he is articulate and intelligent. A large part of his shtick seems to be angled towards angry dudes with da issues.

50 minutes ago, mrcat1990 said:

Tbh I'm just bored of seeing Peterson now. I rather him as the supposed "right wing pick" in debates over idiots like Farage or Morgan, but he's gone from a fringe voice arguing against "state authoriantism" to the go to guy for all right wing based issues simply as he is articulate and intelligent. A large part of his shtick seems to be angled towards angry dudes with da issues.

It's not so much that it's where it's angled, more that it's men who have been most interested in / in need of his message, though a significant amount of his audience is now also women. 'Angry young men with da issues' isn't really fair, he takes aim at the societal problems of nihilism (see the male suicide rate) and non-responsibility, of the scourge of identity politics, the role of archetypes, personality, meaning, speech, art....

Since he started hitting more mainstream, you're right he does get asked more about broader issues rather than one of his areas of interest as you say state authoritarianism (actually belief systems, of which he draws noticed to authoritarianism/totalitarianism). On the right-wing thing, they are the only MSM receptive to his message and opinions without performing hit jobs. The treatment he gets from 'Progressive' and left-wing media is almost without fail infantile.

What of his material have you read/viewed?

Edited by banana

It's not so much that it's where it's angled, more that it's men who have been most interested in / in need of his message, though a significant amount of his audience is now also women. 'Angry young men with da issues' isn't really fair, he takes aim at the societal problems of nihilism (see the male suicide rate) and non-responsibility, of the scourge of identity politics, the role of archetypes, personality, meaning, speech, art....
Since he started hitting more mainstream, you're right he does get asked more about broader issues rather than one of his areas of interest as you say state authoritarianism (actually belief systems, of which he draws noticed to authoritarianism/totalitarianism). On the right-wing thing, they are the only MSM receptive to his message and opinions without performing hit jobs. The treatment he gets from 'Progressive' and left-wing media is almost without fail infantile.
What of his material have you read/viewed?

I'll be frank in that I've never read any of his work. I took an interest in him when he started gaining notoriouty when he became a known name when he was going against the C-16 Bill. I've watched him on several podcasts and debates.

The actual ideas of men battling post modern nihilism as the cause of grim suicide rates amongst young men to me personally seems simplistic, much like the alternative that "toxic masculinity" is the specific cause, whereas I feel a mixture of the two theories combined with personal and social factors relates to these issues.

The MSM are at best disregarded on both sides of the debate, but the YouTube alternative voices are now so utterly set in their stance and intent on winning the debate on the same issues that crops up daily on the Internet that it's become a different kind of shit you get from the MSM voices, but equally as fucking tiresome.

I do realise I'm just launching up loads of problems above without any answers but to see Peterson as the correct path to me is iffy at very best.

5 hours ago, banana said:

Congratulations, you just posted a hit piece. Bizarre how strong an opinion you have about someone you admit to knowing close to nothing about :unsure2:

I don't have a strong opinion on him. I heard of him exactly a week ago.

Based on what I've seen of him I think he's an idiot - an articulate one, I'll grant you - and I've yet to see anything to change my mind on that.

I don't have a strong opinion on him. I heard of him exactly a week ago.
Based on what I've seen of him I think he's an idiot - an articulate one, I'll grant you - and I've yet to see anything to change my mind on that.

I’ve read some of his book and it’s a Freudian dream. The man’s an idiot that obsesses over Disney movies not being as good as they used to be and can usually be found arguing with parody and quote accounts of people that slight him.

1 hour ago, NotThePars said:

I’ve read some of his book and it’s a Freudian dream. The man’s an idiot that obsesses over Disney movies not being as good as they used to be and can usually be found arguing with parody and quote accounts of people that slight him.

More nutty fantacist Jung than Freud I'd say. 

http://www.nybooks.com/daily/2018/03/19/jordan-peterson-and-fascist-mysticism/

Jordan went absolutely apeshit on twitter after reading it, so he must have hit a few home truths.

Edited by welshbairn

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Sorry to hear that m8. I'll give you a ring later to hear how you are.

Absolutely nothing to joke about. Really doesn't sound good at all.