Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

10 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Mine runs out in May and was already getting a bit jittery as going on holiday next week. Checked the RBS website and it said to expect a new one a week before, used to be a couple of months. The good thing is that it wipes out a few subscriptions that I couldn't be bothered cancelling. You've got till the end of April so don't panic yet, some consultant must have found out that just in time saves a few pennies, not sure how though.

So long as it's definately the end of the month rather than the start that's fine. 

My current account debit card expires 04/18 and a replacement has failed to show up as of yet. [emoji20]
First world problems but this has never happened to me before and I'm worried that some theiving post-man has made off with it. All my other replacement cards have shown up before the old one has expired.

I had a similar thing the other week with a repeat prescription. Phoned the pharmacist to say I had less than a few days of tablets left and their response was pretty much "yeah, we've got you down as renewing on Friday so we were going to let you know to come on Thursday, nothing to worry about".

Yeah, because they've never f***ed the order up before.

2 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

I had a similar thing the other week with a repeat prescription. Phoned the pharmacist to say I had less than a few days of tablets left and their response was pretty much "yeah, we've got you down as renewing on Friday so we were going to let you know to come on Thursday, nothing to worry about".

Yeah, because they've never f***ed the order up before.

Aye our local pharmacy do a kind of monthly thing whereby they collect the prescription from your GP and just have the meds ready for you. First (and last) time I tried it they left out my pain killers so I wound up with none of them over the weekend which wasn't fun.

1 hour ago, Rizzo said:

Aye our local pharmacy do a kind of monthly thing whereby they collect the prescription from your GP and just have the meds ready for you. First (and last) time I tried it they left out my pain killers so I wound up with none of them over the weekend which wasn't fun.

You being a Falkirk supporter I can understand that...

9 hours ago, Rizzo said:

So long as it's definately the end of the month rather than the start that's fine. 

If you're that worries just cancel your current card and you'll get a new one in a few days

On 3/31/2018 at 10:24, Hampden Diehard said:

The BBCs obsession with the cricket ball tampering thing.

Oh, and giving women's football scores before the men's matches. It's great that some women are making the effort to keep fit but I wonder how many people give a toss about Man City ladies tonking Swindon 8-0?

The only reason that women's football has vast coverage on the BBC is because Sky and BTSport have no interest in it. Yet. The minute that changes, the BBC will be fucked and you'll be getting in depth coverage of the local women's institute knitting competition from Cromer, Norfolk as that's all they'll be able to afford. 

Finally got to the cinema to see Black Panther.

Got evacuated at the end of the trailers. Cineworld in Renfrew St apparently experiencing problems with their emergency lighting

Edit because my phone apparently doesn't like the word apparently.

Edited by Mark Connolly

That fucking advert for some windows laptop with some artist wifie who researches “texture references”.  She’s sitting in the middle of one of the worlds natural history museums  and she’s asking Bing if dinosaurs had feathers.

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

That's the little stripy fuckers she's got.  Seriously considering smearing some catnip onto them in the hope that the cat drags them outside and mauls them on the grass. 

After Brexit there'll be no more Sylvanian immigrants and those here can bugger off back to Sylvania - Bloody immigrants coming into our country and getting under our feet.

3 minutes ago, MEADOWXI said:

After Brexit there'll be no more Sylvanian immigrants and those here can bugger off back to Sylvania - Bloody immigrants coming into our country and getting under our feet.

I actually looked up the background to these wee shites and they are modelled on a fictional village based in the UK in the 1950s.  There is only one black family (hedgehogs) and a couple of brown ones (chocolate labs and something else) but the rest are essentially white.

They should rename it Brexitanian Families. 

14 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

I actually looked up the background to these wee shites and they are modelled on a fictional village based in the UK in the 1950s.  There is only one black family (hedgehogs) and a couple of brown ones (chocolate labs and something else) but the rest are essentially white.

They should rename it Brexitanian Families. 

1950s - Did the Windrush do a trip from Sylvania ?

Will that go for lego men/women as well? They are the worst things to get under your feet.