Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

The awful, lingering, niggling and day-ruining question that is: "did I lock the door?"

I made a 35 mile round trip last night just to make sure I'd locked up an industrial unit that I absolutely no memory of closing up the day before. Of course, as always, I had indeed locked it.

Amazon Shipping tracking.
"Track your parcel"
"Parcel out for delivery, 9.22am"
"Delivered by 8pm"
Thanks for that. 

I just had the exact same thing! Bollocks to that.

3 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

The awful, lingering, niggling and day-ruining question that is: "did I lock the door?"

I made a 35 mile round trip last night just to make sure I'd locked up an industrial unit that I absolutely no memory of closing up the day before. Of course, as always, I had indeed locked it.

Have you thought about filming it, just for peace of mind? Serious suggestion. A quick video on your phone that you can check would surely be better than it gnawing at your mind surely? You can test that the door is locked in the video as well.

31 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Have you thought about filming it, just for peace of mind? Serious suggestion. A quick video on your phone that you can check would surely be better than it gnawing at your mind surely? You can test that the door is locked in the video as well.

My girlfriend does this every time she leaves work at night.

25 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Videoing every door every morning / evening could be a faff tbh.  There's no way I'd be able to follow such an invention up, but some contraption that links a door lock monitor to an app on your phone would be the business, a bit like Hive for your heating, but with a wee laser/light thing that would know if the brass bit is in or out.

*If anyone electronically minded steals this excellent idea and makes any decent money from it, then  remember to give your old pal HC here a reasonable cut of the profits and don't be a c**t, thank you.

1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:

In that case, Great Friday, though it seems pretty average so far tbh.

Easter 2018 is the 8th April in Orthodox Christianity

It's only this weekend in the Latin Tradition

That was the pun.

It's a bit niche and I didn't expect everyone to get it.

Hopefully someone did.

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

5 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Videoing every door every morning / evening could be a faff tbh.  There's no way I'd be able to follow such an invention up, but some contraption that links a door lock monitor to an app on your phone would be the business, a bit like Hive for your heating, but with a wee laser/light thing that would know if the brass bit is in or out.

*If anyone electronically minded steals this excellent idea and makes any decent money from it, then  remember to give your old pal HC here a reasonable cut of the profits and don't be a c**t, thank you.

Where does it all end though?  Most routine tasks don't register when we do them so do we set up apps for everything?  Then we'd need another app to manage these apps.  I wonder how many times people check their door to discover it wasn't locked.

1 minute ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Easter 2018 is the 8th April in Orthodox Christianity

It's only this weekend in the Latin Tradition

That was the pun.

It's a bit niche and I didn't expect everyone to get it.

Hopefully someone did.

I got the pun, hence the mention of Great Friday in my reply.