Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

A few days late with this but only just remembered and I was too tired the other night to post. Not sure where to post it either so it's going in here.

Match of the Day/The Premier League and their "we've got the best of everything" attitude (until it really matters, it would appear).

There was a goal-line clearance in the Stoke game (sure it was that one) on boxing day. I was watching the BT show live and Dean Saunders was adamant it was over the line. It came back that 97% of the ball had crossed the line. I was looking forward to seeing the technology on this one as I can't recall a chance being so close since it's been installed. We were shown a goal-line clearance earlier on Match of the Day that was even remotely debateable. It could have been the Spurs game. The ball was clearly in front of the line but we were still shown the wonders of their technology as well as two different camera angles. The game came with the chance, the chance was shown and it was completely bypassed by the commentator, the technology and the camera. Genuinely we were shown the scramble a couple of times but from one camera angle. The ball looked over the line from the awful angle we were given but we weren't given anything else. It then went to the studio and again it was totally bypassed. Considering they can't wait to show the technology working at any opportunity and cream themselves in the process, I find it remarkable they wouldn't show the technology catching the ball 97% over the line.

So is it a fair assumption that their superb piece of equipment doesn't fully work?

26 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

So is it a fair assumption that their superb piece of equipment doesn't fully work?

I'm sure earlier in the season a ref stopped the game to declare the goal mouth technology was not working and would not be relied upon as the ball had clearly crossed the line in an offside situation but it hadn't registered on his watch. 

55 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

A few days late with this but only just remembered and I was too tired the other night to post. Not sure where to post it either so it's going in here.

Match of the Day/The Premier League and their "we've got the best of everything" attitude (until it really matters, it would appear).

There was a goal-line clearance in the Stoke game (sure it was that one) on boxing day. I was watching the BT show live and Dean Saunders was adamant it was over the line. It came back that 97% of the ball had crossed the line. I was looking forward to seeing the technology on this one as I can't recall a chance being so close since it's been installed. We were shown a goal-line clearance earlier on Match of the Day that was even remotely debateable. It could have been the Spurs game. The ball was clearly in front of the line but we were still shown the wonders of their technology as well as two different camera angles. The game came with the chance, the chance was shown and it was completely bypassed by the commentator, the technology and the camera. Genuinely we were shown the scramble a couple of times but from one camera angle. The ball looked over the line from the awful angle we were given but we weren't given anything else. It then went to the studio and again it was totally bypassed. Considering they can't wait to show the technology working at any opportunity and cream themselves in the process, I find it remarkable they wouldn't show the technology catching the ball 97% over the line.

You weren't even sure what game it was so not sure how you can be critical :whistle

Do the signals not work accurately if there is human flesh or bones in the way? Seemed totally unnecessary to me anyway, hardly ever happens and it's too expensive for most leagues to think about. Dodgy ref decisions give something to talk about in the pub afterwards.

5 minutes ago, WeAreElgin said:

The security guard in the office today has decided to stop the door from opening automatically, meaning I have to actually push the door to get in. What sort of a world is this.

4 minutes ago, WeAreElgin said:

The security guard in the office today has decided to stop the door from opening automatically, meaning I have to actually push the door to get in. What sort of a world is this.

Are you going to tell us every time you use the door?

19 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Some c**t (a GP no less) on The Chase thinks that Tchaikovsky weaved the melody of Waltizing Matilda into the 1812 overture, rather than La Marseillaise.

Now some c**t on Pointless has just said "I've never been there and I'm not going there again".

I like a man that doesn't waste his time.

I've been watching the football in the other room. She is watching Dreamgirls. I've never heard a racket like it. It has actually given me a headache.

While we're at it, the apple advert.

"What you doing on your computer?

What's a computer"?

Don't come the cùnt with me ya cheeky wee b*****d,  or I'll put my fùcking foot through it.

On 28/12/2017 at 12:08, DiegoDiego said:

Continuously receiving mail for 218 when I live in 2/8. It's a different postcode for f**k's sake.

I put the item which spurred this post back into the mailbox after writing the address clearer and highlighting the postcode. It returned through my mailbox this morning. I think they're just at it.