Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

2 minutes ago, Bishoptonbankie said:

Royal wedding pish, yay people are starving but hey we can afford to fund a wedding and decorate their palaces.

And senile old ladies will go without food or heating to send them a wedding present.

14 hours ago, Jmothecat2 said:

Mine. We mainly talk about work. It's the first time where I've been somewhere where most of my team is quite young (mid-late 20s largely) and instead of the usual work conversations about football etc, they mainly talk about quite geeky things. Some of it is fine, I occasionally play video games and like Lord of the Rings, but the comic book and Pokemon chat kills me.

Zero football chat at work.

Not a lot of folk in this office, 7 other people;

5 females - 4 with zero interest in football and one who likes Celtic cause her family support them :death

2 males, one with zero interest in any sport and one that believes only Manchester United exist. Would not watch any game that did not involve Man U,  and does not know any other scores on a Monday bar Man U and thinks all Scottish football is crap because they don't have the money of Man U :death

It the only downside of my work, zero football conversations.

55 minutes ago, MEADOWXI said:

Zero football chat at work.

Not a lot of folk in this office, 7 other people;

5 females - 4 with zero interest in football and one who likes Celtic cause her family support them :death

2 males, one with zero interest in any sport and one that believes only Manchester United exist. Would not watch any game that did not involve Man U,  and does not know any other scores on a Monday bar Man U and thinks all Scottish football is crap because they don't have the money of Man U :death

It the only downside of my work, zero football conversations.

I work alone all day everyday.

The conversation is sparkling.

Every week, on Monday morning, I buy milk for the office. I buy it as I am in early and like a coffee but I am happy for everyone else to use it as its only 50p and its better than everyone buying their own and us having a fridge-full of cartons.

What annoys me is that whilst everyone uses it, nobody (apart from one lady) even acknowledges that I buy it or says thank you.

What REALLY pisses me off is that they use it and then leave it out on the desk in the main office to go warm and get spoilt, because they are too lazy to put it back.

They are a bunch of c***s

5 minutes ago, throbber said:

Put your initials on it Jambomo, that will warn the b*****ds off. Or just buy a bigger bottle of milk and take it in alternate weeks to buy the milk in.

I might do that, they are just taking the piss now.

15 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

Every week, on Monday morning, I buy milk for the office. I buy it as I am in early and like a coffee but I am happy for everyone else to use it as its only 50p and its better than everyone buying their own and us having a fridge-full of cartons.

What annoys me is that whilst everyone uses it, nobody (apart from one lady) even acknowledges that I buy it or says thank you.

What REALLY pisses me off is that they use it and then leave it out on the desk in the main office to go warm and get spoilt, because they are too lazy to put it back.

11 minutes ago, throbber said:

Put your initials on it Jambomo, that will warn the b*****ds off. Or just buy a bigger bottle of milk and take it in alternate weeks to buy the milk in.

Do they know you buy it, ie pay for it.

Our work gets milk delivered Monday/Wednesday/Friday and first in has to bring it in from front door. If ever run short have seen someone go to shop and hand in receipt and get money,

Boss insists even if it is just a pound for a 4 pint carton.

5 minutes ago, MEADOWXI said:

Our work gets milk delivered Monday/Wednesday/Friday and first in has to bring it in from front door. If ever run short have seen someone go to shop and hand in receipt and get money,

Boss insists even if it is just a pound for a 4 pint carton.

Yeah they do know as someone did once ask me as our work don't provide milk for us, the tight b*****ds.

It doesn't matter that much, just a minor irritation I fancied moaning about :lol:

9 minutes ago, MEADOWXI said:

Good point. If the OP is in early every day, all they are seeing is a carton of milk in the fridge. If they don't see him actually coming in with it they may not realise he's responsible for it.

Added: Jambomo made his post above while I was typing this

Edited by GordonD

2 hours ago, Jambomo said:

I'm gonnae use this line as a signature I think.

The laziness of people knows no limit.

Yeah they do know as someone did once ask me as our work don't provide milk for us, the tight b*****ds.
It doesn't matter that much, just a minor irritation I fancied moaning about :lol:

What do they do when you're on holiday?

5 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Or just tell them they are a bunch of c***s . Face the problem rather than greeting about it :-)

But this is the thread for greeting about petty things like that. So I have.

Just now, Scary Bear said:

What do they do when you're on holiday?

I dunno, never thought to ask :lol: