Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

I think I may hijack my girlfriends phone and text her friend and ask her what, if any, alcohol/other delights they were planning on taking to the party and if they were planning on taking nothing then I would ask for an estimate on what they would have been willing to consume during their stay here. And maybe whether or not she would have been willing to exchange partners after the pudding.

Just now, Tynieness said:

You need new friends.

Agreed.

I'm not sure of the protocol though, since previously when I've invited people round for dinner, I've also provided them with something to drink, but from throbber's tale, it appears that's now frowned upon.

If I invite someone round for a cup of tea, should they be bringing the biscuits?

10 minutes ago, Tynieness said:

At all times it must be remembered that Throbber is a mentalist.

A mentalist who is home all alone* with a stash alcohol. I think it's time to form a raiding party.

* I know his girlfriend's home but if she's feeling under the weather, she might not be up for the fighting. With her out of the equation, I think it would only take 7 or 8 of us to overpower Throbs and pinch his wine. Maybe we could trade the Budweiser for some rubbing alcohol or something. 

Noticed on the highlights of the England Australia rugby match that the electronic displays showed "respect the kicker, quiet please" when there was a penalty.

f**k off. f**k right off f**k yourself. And if the penalty kicker is the opposition he can f**k off the c**t, he's a shit bag fuckpop who likes to touch horses and drinks Latte at Starbucks with his sister/wife. He's also a fucking c**t so no, f**k the kicker and f**k you.

I think I may hijack my girlfriends phone and text her friend and ask her what, if any, alcohol/other delights they were planning on taking to the party and if they were planning on taking nothing then I would ask for an estimate on what they would have been willing to consume during their stay here. And maybe whether or not she would have been willing to exchange partners after the pudding.

Definitely! You hijack her phone and suss that out, give her yours and get her on here!

Agreed.
I'm not sure of the protocol though, since previously when I've invited people round for dinner, I've also provided them with something to drink, but from throbber's tale, it appears that's now frowned upon.
If I invite someone round for a cup of tea, should they be bringing the biscuits?

I never invited these people though, my girlfriend did which makes it totally different if they are going to be helping themselves to my beer.

36 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

f**k off. f**k right off f**k yourself. And if the penalty kicker is the opposition he can f**k off the c**t, he's a shit bag fuckpop who likes to touch horses and drinks Latte at Starbucks with his sister/wife. He's also a fucking c**t so no, f**k the kicker and f**k you.

It's a bit much when the commentator says that though.

People who don't understand how pubs work. Forming an orderly queue snaking backwards from the centre of the bar rather than spreading out into the vast empty space along the whole bar. It's fucking ridiculous behaviour, how have these people gone through their whole lives without learning how to buy a drink in a pub?!

People who don't understand how pubs work. Forming an orderly queue snaking backwards from the centre of the bar rather than spreading out into the vast empty space along the whole bar. It's fucking ridiculous behaviour, how have these people gone through their whole lives without learning how to buy a drink in a pub?!

They learned how to drink at Wetherspoons and are not from a generation that drank before Wetherspoons existed.

I'm guessing it was a Spoons as it seems to happen mostly in their premises

4 minutes ago, MEADOWXI said:

They learned how to drink at Wetherspoons and are not from a generation that drank before Wetherspoons existed.

I'm guessing it was a Spoons as it seems to happen mostly in their premises

It was indeed a Wetherspoons - my own fault you could say, but chosen out of convenience for somewhere showing the football and rugby close to the station  before heading for the train home.

Everyone doing it was older though - everyone under 30 who needed a drink during this time approached the bar, looked at the queue with confusion then just carried on to an empty space at the bar like a normal person and got served quickly enough. It was the middle aged who were guilty of this even though you'd think they'd have been in pubs pre-Wetherspoons.

One of the bar staff kept coming over to the queue to tell them they could spread out along the bar and they all just continued standing in single file, vacantly staring like she was speaking a different language. Euthanasia's too good for such cretins, frankly.

I’ve also had folk moan at me for not joining the big snake queue in a bar?! Eh, it’s a fucking bar you stupid c**t, use the whole thing!

1 hour ago, Dunning1874 said:

12 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

I’ve also had folk moan at me for not joining the big snake queue in a bar?! Eh, it’s a fucking bar you stupid c**t, use the whole thing!

Have you been to an Ex servicemans club or the like before? They usually have a queue running along the bar.

Have you been to an Ex servicemans club or the like before? They usually have a queue running along the bar.

That’s usually when there’s just one wife serving from what I’ve seen. Or sometimes just a hatch where you’re served the drink from. Valid point in a way though. I assume the OP means a queue running down from the bar through the middle of the pub, at least what I had in mind.