Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Buy a bigger bag of coke.
You'd like me. In this situation I'd turn up with enough booze to get you all through Thursday night at T In The Park.

Good man. It’s just a matter of respect and manners tbh, if you are going to someone’s and planning on having a drink then take something along with you, asking the host if you need to bring anything is poor tbh but she was maybe meaning if we had forgot something for the dinner so I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt until they show up. They’re due at 1830.

Just now, throbber said:

Good man. It’s just a matter of respect and manners tbh, if you are going to someone’s and planning on having a drink then take something along with you, asking the host if you need to bring anything is poor tbh but she was maybe meaning if we had forgot something for the dinner so I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt until they show up. They’re due at 1830.

Surely to f**k they'll bring at least a bottle of wine with them?!

Nip to the shop the now for some “last minute things” and buy more beer “just in case”?

Just now, throbber said:

If he brings no alcohol then don't fucking feed him. 

262929.gif?b64lines=IFlvdSBnaXZlIGEgbGl0dGxlLCAKeW91IGdldCBhIGxpdHRsZS4g

3 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

Nip to the shop the now for some “last minute things” and buy more beer “just in case”?

^^^This. I'd recommend a bottle of drambuie and a bottle of bells whisky for making a few "rusty nails" after the beer is done. Make sure you have plenty ice in too.

1 minute ago, throbber said:

I’ll keep you posted.

Good man.

You’re missing the point of my anger. They are guests at ours and we’re making them dinner so they should be taking drinks out of respect. This will be the first time I’ve met this guy as well so I really hope he thinks long and hard before showing up to mine and helping himself to my beer without bringing anything himself.

Any self respecting man would. Don't be offended if he brings something not quite to your taste though, if it's still semi mainstream... One man's Bud is anothers Stella 4.

I wouldn’t care if he bought say 2 nice bottles of beer and gave me one then helped himself to my beer, would still be better than nothing! I had a similar episode 18 months ago with friends of my GF coming round and completely sponging and I still get raging thinking about it. My evening is on a knife edge I tell ya.

You’re missing the point of my anger. They are guests at ours and we’re making them dinner so they should be taking drinks out of respect. This will be the first time I’ve met this guy as well so I really hope he thinks long and hard before showing up to mine and helping himself to my beer without bringing anything himself.

Completely agree. Shouldn’t turn up empty handed but not everyone thinks the same. I’d have contingency beers just in case. If they stay a few hours, 5 beers will sink quick.

Completely agree. Shouldn’t turn up empty handed but not everyone thinks the same. I’d have contingency beers just in case. If they stay a few hours, 5 beers will sink quick.

Nope. My girlfriend is good friends with this girl so I’ll no doubt meet this guy again after tonight so this will make or break it for us!

6 minutes ago, throbber said:

I wouldn’t care if he bought say 2 nice bottles of beer and gave me one then helped himself to my beer, would still be better than nothing! I had a similar episode 18 months ago with friends of my GF coming round and completely sponging and I still get raging thinking about it. My evening is on a knife edge I tell ya.

He's probably been told all about you, is getting dragged round under protest and is hoping to offend you sufficiently that he will never get asked back.  It's a strategy that I find hard to be critical of.

He's probably been told all about you, is getting dragged round under protest and is hoping to offend you sufficiently that he will never get asked back.  It's a strategy that I find hard to be critical of.

Me and his girlfriend get along just great GD, she constantly comments about how funny I am.

These are the important first impressions people speak of

Exactly. His gf is driving away later and they’re staying out of town now so it’s just me and him that will be drinking as his gf had stated that he will be drinking tonight. So it’s just a case of whether or not he’ll be happy to help himself to the beer that I have brought in. I have seen pictures of him and he definitely looks like a tinnie thief.

Exactly. His gf is driving away later and they’re staying out of town now so it’s just me and him that will be drinking as his gf had stated that he will be drinking tonight. So it’s just a case of whether or not he’ll be happy to help himself to the beer that I have brought in. I have seen pictures of him and he definitely looks like a tinnie thief.

Not so bad if it’s just you two drinking, 10 cans and a bottle of wine should suffice. Still, should not appear empty handed and if he does I’d limit what you dish out.