Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

3 hours ago, throbber said:

This was hardly what I was doing.

DA, i hope you have a great time before the football and enjoy your beers within moderation. 

It wasn't you I was talking about, it was Bairnardo having a go at people ordering half pints.

20 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Lighten up a bit mate I was hardly having a go at people. Chill out with a pint/half pint/any other volumetric measure you please based on mood, physical stature, ability to "take drink" or otherwise of lager/other alcoholic beverage or soft drink. Or dont. I recognise your right to choose.

Well, that's not how your original post came across so if you were doing it tongue-in-cheek then I was whooshed. No hard feelings?

Just now, GordonD said:

Well, that's not how your original post came across so if you were doing it tongue-in-cheek then I was whooshed. No hard feelings?

Calm yourself, away and have a thimble of malibu or something.

10 minutes ago, GordonD said:

Don't you worry Gordon. I'll send you some of Bairnardo's teeth.

Wanting to watch a DVD that you've evidently given someone a lend of in the past (with a vague recollection of doing so), totally forgetting where it went on holiday.

In this particular case, Restless Natives.

Leave aside for a minute the fact that the BBC's online presence is turning into Buzzfeed (see: them tweeting Ugo Ehiogu's Championship Manager 2004 stats earlier, or the picture of Cheryl Cole above the headline "8 Things Northerners Living in the South Will Know" which is on their homepage right now) have a look at this thing about books people lie about having read: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-39653776

Discard also the irony of a typo in the fifth sentence and the fact that such a survey isn't going to be representative of the wider public or tastes, but ask yourself who in the name of f**k would lie about having read The Da Vinci Code or Bridget Jones' Diary?