Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

"Hello is this Mr Lib?"

"Yes, who is this?"

"My name is <name> I am calling on behalf of Consumer Survey _____"

"Why?"

"We are conducting a survey about your area, shall we start now?"

"Okay"

"Can I just confirm that your postcode is <postcode> and your address is <address>"

"No that's wrong"

"Oh my God, that is not your postcode?"

"No."

"What is our postcode?"

"I do not have a postcode"

"Where do you live?"

"I do not live. I am dead"

"... you are dead?"

"Yes"

" *laughs* nervously"

"This is no laughing matter. I am dead. I find your conduct extremely offensive. I wish to speak to your manager"

" *laughs* sorry Sir, are you saying you are dead?"

"Yes, and I find your conduct thoroughly untactful. I wish to make a complaint to your manager"

"Okay goodbye"

Well aren't you just hilarious!?

"Hello is this Mr Lib?"

"Yes, who is this?"

"Why?"

"Okay"

"Can I just confirm that your postcode is <postcode> and your address is <address>"

"No that's wrong"

"No."

"What is our postcode?"

"Where do you live?"

"... you are dead?"

"Yes"

" *laughs* nervously"

"This is no laughing matter. I am dead. I find your conduct extremely offensive. I wish to speak to your manager"

"Yes, and I find your conduct thoroughly untactful. I wish to make a complaint to your manager"

"Okay goodbye"

You are a humourless void of a person. Stop it now.

It probably sounded better at the time.

"Hello is this Mr Lib?"

"Yes, who is this?"

"Why?"

"Okay"

"No that's wrong"

"No."

"What is our postcode?"

"Where do you live?"

"... you are dead?"

"Yes"

" *laughs* nervously"

"Okay goodbye"

No one deserves that.

Guest The Phoenix

"Hello is this Mr Lib?"

"Yes, who is this?"

"Why?"

"Okay"

"No that's wrong"

"No."

"What is our postcode?"

"Where do you live?"

"... you are dead?"

"Yes"

" *laughs* nervously"

"Okay goodbye"

Mr Lib, please tell me L4L has hacked into your computer.

I simply refuse to believe that P&B's resident genius could stoop to such depths. :(

Guest The Phoenix

"Hello is this Mr Lib?"

"Yes, who is this?"

"Why?"

"Okay"

"No that's wrong"

"No."

"What is our postcode?"

"Where do you live?"

"... you are dead?"

"Yes"

" *laughs* nervously"

"Okay goodbye"

Mr Lib, please tell me L4L has hacked into your computer.

I simply refuse to believe that P&B's resident genius could stoop to such depths. :(

"Hello is this Mr Lib?"

"Yes, who is this?"

"Why?"

"Okay"

"No that's wrong"

"No."

"What is our postcode?"

"Where do you live?"

"... you are dead?"

"Yes"

" *laughs* nervously"

"Okay goodbye"

f**k sake.

There's an old lady who lives in the bottom flat of our block, she's wheelchair-bound and has cancer, and struggles to get by financially. She has 3 different carers who come in to look after her every day, and recently the council put a new entry system with wee key fobs, she phoned the council to ask for a key fob for each of the 3 carers, only to be told it would cost £30 for 3 key fobs <_< , my wife phoned the council, and she's got a meeting with someone from them tommorow. Robbing buggers! :angry:

Guest The Phoenix

There's an old lady who lives in the bottom flat of our block, she's wheelchair-bound and has cancer, and struggles to get by financially. She has 3 different carers who come in to look after her every day, and recently the council put a new entry system with wee key fobs, she phoned the council to ask for a key fob for each of the 3 carers, only to be told it would cost £30 for 3 key fobs <_< , my wife phoned the council, and she's got a meeting with someone from them tommorow. Robbing buggers! :angry:

TBH, philpy, I'm on the council's side on this one.

I assume the system has a "Service" button which allows people into the block (e.g. postmen) during the morning so the first carer wouldn't need one.

Depending on whether the carers' shifts overlap or not, the other two might not need one either.

I manage a number of flats with the same access system and replacement fobs don't come cheap (£13 in one instance).

I can see the argument for one extra fob but three is just not practical given the cost implications.

Trying to get in her will?

Be fair, you'd be complaining if the council were just handing them out free of charge to anyone that phoned and asked. What if it was a local junky wanting one for his district nurse to come round? The council need to pay for the cost of the new system and new fobs for each household and the money isn't there to just fire them out to everyone - not to mention the security costs. The woman could be anyone phoning up and asking for access to your building. I doubt that, when faced with the evidence of the necessity, they'd be quite so picky about it. I would imagine the carers are from the same agency? Could they not share a fob? She's wheel-chair bound, ok, but what stops her getting to the entry button?

TBH, philpy, I'm on the council's side on this one.

I assume the system has a "Service" button which allows people into the block (e.g. postmen) during the morning so the first carer wouldn't need one.

Depending on whether the carers' shifts overlap or not, the other two might not need one either.

I manage a number of flats with the same access system and replacement fobs don't come cheap (£13 in one instance).

I can see the argument for one extra fob but three is just not practical given the cost implications.

Ach, east lothian council are just a bunch of erseholes at the best of times. It took them long enough to get her garden sorted out as well, months in fact. Weeds everywhere, tins and bottles that were thrown over the wall by the wee neds that hang about the corner of the street, and to top it all off, someone broke the locks on the wee shed that she keeps her mobility scooter in. A junkie round the corner phoned the council to complain about a wee drop of weeds in his garden. The council turned up the same day. Enough said.

Lost my phone. Tried ringing it, no luck. Now im ringing it and its turned off. Some chunt has nicked it. :(

got this phone for f**k all tonight. Fucker never had to charger to go with it :(

Sorry bud, same thing happened to a mate of mine not long ago.

Oh aye, and this girl I'm trying to get on has now said that I can't crash at her place in Aberdeen on Saturday now because her brother's staying in the spare room.

I DIDN'T WANT THE FUCKING SPARE ROOM YOU IDIOT!

Bumped!

The fact you knew it was pink makes me :lol:

Is it too late to pretend that I googled the lyrics? :ph34r: