well fan for life

Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Monster    1,418

When we did get moving again the blokes that were meant to be working were just standing around talking to each other. :angry:

Pipefitters require a great many tea and cake breaks you know.

dave258    317

Anything will do...Gin, Vodka, rum. All three. Just sloosh it aboot your gub. Don't bother with Lily Liver's dabbing it on advice, and swallow it don't spit it out. Repeat that dose a few times.

Chortle.

saints1884    17

Pipefitters require a great many tea and cake breaks you know.

Well maybe they would get more done if they didn't. :lol:

Enigma    1,465

I made a complete and utter arse of a situation I gave too much time and effort about.

Edited by Enigma

Swarley    3,291

When recruiters say "you're not experienced enough", then suddenly I'm "too experienced". That's really getting on my tits at the moment dry.gif

ffcsam    1,147

When recruiters say "you're not experienced enough", then suddenly I'm "too experienced". That's really getting on my tits at the moment dry.gif

Same here :(

It's on a par with no getting a response at all.

The Phoenix    1,922

Edit

:lol:

Good to see my resident Red Spot Stalker is on the ball.

Sorry to disappoint but Sam and I are still the best of friends.

Edited by The Phoenix

fraser_smfc    432

Orange are fucking robbing me blind. I topped up 2 weeks ago, then on Friday they sent me a text saying I had 60p credit left. Phoned my balance and said I had ZERO credit left. Which was bollocks but thought I'd maybe used too much internet or something so I topped up, feeling rather confused. Now this morning, despite having £9.40 in my balance, I got a text from Orange saying I had 60p left. Phoned my balance - "no credit". This fucking bullshit as in the last day I've only used it for texts and still have hundreds free texts left. :angry:

What is also happening is when sending a text with 2 pages, what has happend a couple of times is in the second page of the text, it has been replaced with the second half of a text I sent on my old phone MONTHS ago, bearing in mind it wasn't saved to the sim which is now in my new phone. Strange goings on.

TheDoctor    11

Due to my diabetic state, I have to take sweeteners instead of sugar, which are usually packaged in even numbers. I take either 2 or 4 for coffee depending on the size of mug I'm using so imagine my annoyance when the last little solitary tablet tumbles into my mug. One left?! WTF? How does that happen?

Adam    1,532

Half days. It's braw when you've got a hangover and are delaying going in, but I've been up since 7am today and can't really do anything as I start at 1pm. Waste of a morning.

GingerSaint    1,230

When it is someones birthday and their facebook page is full of people who they don't even speak to saying "Happy Birthday". It was my birthday a couple of months ago and people I don't even like or haven't spoken to in ages were wishing me a happy birthday. The only reason they know its your birthday is because of facebook and they don't actually give a flying fuck about you.

If anyone deserves a Happy Birthday from me, I will text them or tell them face to face.

Lisa Cuddy    2,456

When it is someones birthday and their facebook page is full of people who they don't even speak to saying "Happy Birthday". It was my birthday a couple of months ago and people I don't even like or haven't spoken to in ages were wishing me a happy birthday. The only reason they know its your birthday is because of facebook and they don't actually give a flying fuck about you.

If anyone deserves a Happy Birthday from me, I will text them or tell them face to face.

Then why do you have them on facebook?

I find that really annoying. its almost insulting. I mean even a stock reply like the "high volume of applicants....experience more closely matched....." etc. is better.

I even had the jobcentre wifey ask me if I thought i was 'overqualified' the other day. and I bloody well nearly went "of course I'm overqualified! I have two masters degrees and a PGCE! You're sending me for basic call centre work! Good grief woman! I could do YOUR job standing on my head! And do it more successfully too!" but I didn't -because I would like their money just now- I just went, " oh? um.....maybe" whilst restraining the urge to rip her throat out.

actually without insulting the Phoenix and any other similar people. Does anyone else find the DWP's front line employees to be really patronising? Maybe I'm paranoid.

edit: also now that I think about it. Women who start an msn conversation about lets say, a date, and then half way through the conversation change subject entirely and never return to arranging the date. I mean I don't mind, really I don't if you've changed your mind in the space of the convo, but to NEVER mention it again is both annoying and unclear. I thought I imagined it at first. But I keep a complete convo history in MSN. anyway its very petty but it needed to be aired. I feel better for it.

Edited by theentomologist

GingerSaint    1,230

Then why do you have them on facebook?

I was once friends with them, and I would like to facebook stalk them and laugh at how shit their life has become.

I was once friends with them, and I would like to facebook stalk them and laugh at how shit their life has become.

you're right of course. this is a fun activity.:ph34r:

saints1884    17

I find that really annoying. its almost insulting. I mean even a stock reply like the "high volume of applicants....experience more closely matched....." etc. is better.

I even had the jobcentre wifey ask me if I thought i was 'overqualified' the other day. and I bloody well nearly went "of course I'm overqualified! I have two masters degrees and a PGCE! You're sending me for basic call centre work! Good grief woman! I could do YOUR job standing on my head! And do it more successfully too!" but I didn't -because I would like their money just now- I just went, " oh? um.....maybe" whilst restraining the urge to rip her throat out.

actually without insulting the Phoenix and any other similar people. Does anyone else find the DWP's front line employees to be really patronising? Maybe I'm paranoid.

edit: also now that I think about it. Women who start an msn conversation about lets say, a date, and then half way through the conversation change subject entirely and never return to arranging the date. I mean I don't mind, really I don't if you've changed your mind in the space of the convo, but to NEVER mention it again is both annoying and unclear. I thought I imagined it at first. But I keep a complete convo history in MSN. anyway its very petty but it needed to be aired. I feel better for it.

Some of the people at the job centre don't have a clue about what work you are qualified to do. One of them asked me if I wanted to go for a job as a head chef,I told her that I don't have the qualifications to do that job,she told me that I couldn't refuse to apply for the job! :rolleyes::blink:

Is your avatar the wonderful registrar Jac Naylor?

it is indeed the fragrant Rosie Marcel. Tbh it was going on FB but I thought I 'd test it out first. its the high cheek bones and red hair and the Naylor attitude that I like.