Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

The Rovers played their biggest game in 15 years yesterday, just 10 miles along the road in a massive derby match that attracted over 11,500 people and had a cracking atmosphere. Yet by looking on Facebook it would seem the Old Firm game has attracted far more interest in Kirkcaldy. It really is tragic. :(

Edited by Paco

The Rovers played their biggest game in 15 years yesterday, just 10 miles along the road in a massive derby match that attracted over 11,500 people and had a cracking atmosphere. Yet by looking on Facebook it would seem the Old Firm game has attracted far more interest in Kirkcaldy. It really is tragic. :(

I went for a few jars after work while the Old Firm game was on and I was sitting in a group of 8 lads, all of whom are Pars fans, and as soon as Celtic were awarded a penalty we were immediately branded Rangers fans but some of the knuckle draggers for not reacting to the decsision. Cue a reaction of complete indifference when the penalty was saved which further bemused the twats.

Edited by Jimmy85

I went for a few jars after work while the Old Firm game was on and I was sitting in a group of 8 lads, all of whom are Pars fans, and as soon as Celtic were awarded a penalty we were immediately branded Rangers fans but some of the knuckle draggers for not reacting to the decsision. Cue a reaction of complete indifference when the penalty was saved which further bemused the twats.

I was waiting outside a shop waiting on my sister earlier on and a man came up and said

"What do you think if Samaras hitting the penalty? It should of been Commons"

"I'm not really bothered"

"So you're a Rangers man then?"

"No."

"You must be if you are happy with that donkey hitting the penalty"

"I'm a Clyde fan"

"I see. What about Rangers and Celtic - who do you prefer?"

"Neither"

"You must like one of them."

"Nah, I honestly couldn't care less"

"Aye, but when you were watching the game you must of wanted somebody to win"

"Nope"

*puzzled face*.

They really are a bunch of narrow minded c***s.

There was also a Celtic fan on Facebook who said that without sectarianism, the Old Firm would be "shite". I then said that sectarianism could potentially end the Celtic manager's career and possibly his life to which he replied.

"That's not our side though. We can sing sectarian songs but we don't send nail bombs"

"You can sing sectarian songs but it's alright because you don't sail nail bombs?"

"Aye, up the ra"

"That's not our side though. We can sing sectarian songs but we don't send nail bombs"

"You can sing sectarian songs but it's alright because you don't sail nail bombs?"

"Aye, up the ra"

I'd laugh, if only it weren't for the fact that there's probably a lot more people than him that share such a view. The IRA that he's so keen to big up used to use nail bombs, although I suspect he's blissfully unaware of that.

Seems like a typical 'they're worse, so they are' bigot. OF games are always a good shout for outing bigots on Facebook.

Am I the only person in the world that seems to get through their days without being affronted by sectarian/idiotic OF fans?

I don't get bothered by them either. I've got some OF fan friends (and family), but they're reasonable types who just love their club.

It's not so much what they say doesn't bother me (it doesn't though), what I mean is that I'm rarely in the position where I even hear any of this stuff from them. I only know a handful of OF fans and apart from them I never hear about the OF (EDIT - With the exception of papers/match reports that I choose to read). How do people manage to encounter idiot OF fans on such a regular basis?

Edited by Fudge

Moriarties, although that's a shitehole and shouldn't really count as a pub. The one time I was in it, some guy must've been about 40 odds had this 19 year old lassie hanging off him, she was tidy as f**k too! Old p***k :P

That was shut for a year or two and didn't know it had re-opened. All the pubs tend to be in residential areas like that place in Abronhill, The Smiddy etc.

I was waiting outside a shop waiting on my sister earlier on and a man came up and said

"What do you think if Samaras hitting the penalty? It should of been Commons"

"I'm not really bothered"

"So you're a Rangers man then?"

"No."

"You must be if you are happy with that donkey hitting the penalty"

"I'm a Clyde fan"

"I see. What about Rangers and Celtic - who do you prefer?"

"Neither"

"You must like one of them."

"Nah, I honestly couldn't care less"

"Aye, but when you were watching the game you must of wanted somebody to win"

"Nope"

*puzzled face*.

They really are a bunch of narrow minded c***s.

There was also a Celtic fan on Facebook who said that without sectarianism, the Old Firm would be "shite". I then said that sectarianism could potentially end the Celtic manager's career and possibly his life to which he replied.

"Aye, up the ra"

I have the pleasure of working with a Rangers (cough) fan tomorrow and he hates Lennon with a passion i just know the 1st thing he's gonnae say is what about that wee git noising up the Rangers fans at FT eh? dry.gif

But i'm ready to freshen his memory with what about Ranges having a flag display at HT v Falkirk noising up 1000 bairns fans eh? :angry:

Funny enough he never wants to talk about the red hand of Ulster getting waved in my face for 15 mins :unsure: