Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

It's totally baltic. I'm frozen in the office and camped over a shitey wee electric heater about the size of an orange.

It was baltic right enough.

I started my shift at 8. I had four layers on underneath my overalls, and I was still chittering. Then when it started to heat up about midday I was sweating like a clumsy rapist. Must've lost about three stone today.

Tell them to decline the offer and keep their job ;)

And then be forced out in a couple of years when the job's phased out anyway, only to find there's no more redundancy money in the pot?

And then be forced out in a couple of years when the job's phased out anyway, only to find there's no more redundancy money in the pot?

Indeed

My dad was made redundant when the company went bust and all he got was a weeks wage for every year he was there to a maximum of 10 years.If it is certain jobs are going take as much money you can and get out,Jobs can be found although maybe not on the terms they already have.But a job never the less.

It isn't as cold as it it's been in the last couple of days, but I'm still freezing, I'm still tired, and I still have another day and halfs worth of work ahead of me before I can look forward to some proper shuteye.

8 days leave left before christmas, I'm getting tempted to take a day or two off soon.

Slow playing, middle aged women on golf courses. Yesterday, I was held up numerous times by a bunch of overweight, rubbish female golfers. Not that I am in anyway a good golfer, but I can at least occasionally avoid hitting the ball straight into the rough unlike these ignorant cows. They didn't even have the decency to let me play through. Should I have set about them with a 9 iron to speed up play?

Slow playing, middle aged women on golf courses. Yesterday, I was held up numerous times by a bunch of overweight, rubbish female golfers. Not that I am in anyway a good golfer, but I can at least occasionally avoid hitting the ball straight into the rough unlike these ignorant cows. They didn't even have the decency to let me play through. Should I have set about them with a 9 iron to speed up play?

Probably, aye.

The call operates for Three. Aside from tthe fact they cant speak particularly great English, the fact they leave you shitty voicemails when its clear that its them calling about an upgrade and that they dont call back even close to the time they say they will, they all offer you different upgrade deals. Surely somewhere they must have a script to stick to. They seem to be getting worse as well. Going instore to try and get a better deal with someone who can actually say my name, not holding my breathe though.

Single file: a concept alien to half the population of Dundee.

If there's four of you walking side-by-side on the pavement, what do you expect me, one person, to do that will allow you to pass? Hop onto the road in front of the oncoming number 17 bus, perhaps? Grow a pair of wings and fly over you?

I've already moved from the middle of the pavement to the side so that I don't split your little posse up. Now at least afford me the courtesy of getting the f**k out the way.

Not just Dundee mate. Walking around Edinburgh is exactly the same. Tends to be females and ignorant students! Completely oblivious to anyone around and only interested in whats going on in there tiny lives.

The more annoying for me is when people, females, stop in the middle of a flight of stairs to have a converstion. Ive seen this happen countless times and often its people that are going in the same direction but stop for a chat. f**k off.

Also leaving Edinburgh Uni in the motor is a nightmare. Give way to the cars you absolute morons!!

Not just Dundee mate. Walking around Edinburgh is exactly the same. Tends to be females and ignorant students!

I struck gold then, because these were female students.

I bet they're doing sociology or some other made-up piece of shite that counts as a degree course these days.

Indeed

My dad was made redundant when the company went bust and all he got was a weeks wage for every year he was there to a maximum of 10 years.

That's pretty much all anyone gets even if the company isn't going bust. The statutory redundancy payments are nowhere near as generous as people presume. Those of us old enough can remember many redundancies in the 80's where payouts were very generous and presume that's still the "norm". It isn't.

Single file: a concept alien to half the population of Dundee.

If there's four of you walking side-by-side on the pavement, what do you expect me, one person, to do that will allow you to pass? Hop onto the road in front of the oncoming number 17 bus, perhaps? Grow a pair of wings and fly over you?

I've already moved from the middle of the pavement to the side so that I don't split your little posse up. Now at least afford me the courtesy of getting the f**k out the way.

Just stop moving and brace for impact. They have to either move round you or they are going to hit a shoulder that isn't moving for them (which will hurt). If you aren't moving it isn't your fault if they walk into you.

Anyone o2 keep getting calls from some number? I have had numerous missed calls over the past few days from 08000641087 and the one time that I did answer it there was no-one there.

I tried to phone back but got an automated message on behalf of o2 saying the couldn't connect me. Done a google search of the number and found out it's some company who are working with o2.

Next time they phone I am gonna have a go if I speak to one of them!

Edited by IainMorton

Anyone o2 keep getting calls from some number? I have had numerous missed calls over the past few days from 08000641087 and the one time that I did answer it there was no-one there.

I tried to phone back but got an automated message on behalf of o2 saying the couldn't connect me. Done a google search of the number and found out it's some company who are working with o2.

It'll be a call centre that doesn't accept incoming calls, which is why it says it can't connect you. The reason there's sometimes no one there is because they use auto-diallers that ring out and then connect you to an operator when you answer (the same way you get calls from companies and get that slight pause after you've said "hello" before anyone answers you back). Sometimes, the operators will all be busy and there's no one to connect you to so you just get a dead line.

It's a pain in the arse. Unless you're actually expecting a call from them about something specific, just ditch the call. If it's important and they can't reach you, they'll write to you.

I had a call from the same number around 12 today. I asked who it was and then hung up on them!

Had about 5 calls from them over the past month (including a few withheld)

It's the O2 sales department, probably trying to sell you an upgrade or insurance or something like that. They are persistant so it's worth answering, staying on the line until someone speaks and then telling them to sod off. Otherwise the calls can go on for weeks at a rate of 3/4 a aday.