Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

This replacement phone is just awful. It's going back to the carphone warehouse soon. I cant seem to send a text without it switching off on me. Also this morning somehow lost the alarms I had set on it for work this morning. Thank god for flexi-time, but it's still half an hour that I cant be bothered making up on.

The guy in the flat next to mine at student digs went out with this girl who i vaguely know for like a week during freshers and cheated on her.

I ended up out on a date with her on saturday and unfortunately the pair of us bumped into him when going back to mine.

Talk about an awkward conversation especially as im pals with him and he still likes her a bit and regrets cheating hahah

My laptop appears to have developed a problem with the hard disk. Phoned Dell (a chore in itself) and as it's still under warranty they will come out and take it away for repair. When I was told it would take up to four weeks I asked if it could be done on the spot which the guy on the phone said yes it could but I would have to pay £29 for that. No problem, I want it back ASAP and not in four weeks.

I was meant to get a call yesterday to let me know when the engineer was coming but of course I've heard nothing so far and I've had to take an extra day off from work not knowing if anyone is coming or not. Handy!

EDIT: That did the trick. Phone call from Dell to say an engineer will be round "before half 5". Doesn't narrow it down but at least I know there is a point to be me being off today.

Edited by RiG

I just had a fucking horrible game of fives, which has led to me wondering if I enjoy playing football anymore, even at the fives-with-workmates level.

I still enjoy playing outdoor fives, but every so often I fill in at my father-in-law's game and they're always indoor. I hate it - I hate the ball (big stupid tennis ball shite), I hate the bounce, I hate the heat, I hate that the sweat drips onto the hard floor and makes it slippy, I hate that there's nowhere to spit, I hate the echo of people shouting. Because I play outdoor fives all the time it takes me ages to get used to the way the ball bounces and moves. I only fill in as I know how frustrating it is when I can't find a player for one of my games.

Edited by Gaz

Got my gran's funeral tomorrow - my second in 10 days. Nightmare, in the exact same place as the one last week (my first ever one, too) and there's only going to be 15 people max. there. Driving in a private car behind the hearse as well tomorrow, never been involved in anything like that before in my life. Fucking dreading it.

I still enjoy playing outdoor fives, but every so often I fill in at my father-in-law's game and they're always indoor. I hate it - I hate the ball (big stupid tennis ball shite), I hate the bounce, I hate the heat, I hate that the sweat drips onto the hard floor and makes it slippy, I hate that there's nowhere to spit, I hate the echo of people shouting. Because I play outdoor fives all the time it takes me ages to get used to the way the ball bounces and moves. I only fill in as I know how frustrating it is when I can't find a player for one of my games.

Have you ever played at the Corn Exchange in Edinburgh? It is a bit of an indoor / outdoor hybrid.

Pitches are 3g artificial turf, you get a roof over your head but the ends are all mesh so you feel the heat / cold.

We used to play outdoor at Power League and we much prefer where we are now.

Have you ever played at the Corn Exchange in Edinburgh? It is a bit of an indoor / outdoor hybrid.

Pitches are 3g artificial turf, you get a roof over your head but the ends are all mesh so you feel the heat / cold.

We used to play outdoor at Power League and we much prefer where we are now.

Yes, I've played there a couple of times. It is very good.

Mine: Tonight I was replacing the strap buttons on my guitar with a set of locking straplocks. I have a Gibson SG, one of the buttons is on the side of the guitar at the bridge end and one is on the rear of the body (where the neck pocket would be if it were a bolt-on neck).

The one on the side came on fine, but the screw on the rear button was fucked - the crosshead was worn away to just a circle. No way on hell was it coming out.

Did a bit of scouting online and seemingly the only way to replace it would be to take it to a luthier who would pull it out with pliers and fill in with wood filler. Didn't see what that would achieve, so I managed to pull it out a bit and by wiggling it about for a while I was able to snap the head off the screw.

Now there is still half a screw stuck in the body and I had to drill another hole about half a centimetre from that one. It's on the back of the body so can't be seen, but I'm annoyed - in a way I don't see the guitar as "pristine" any more, even though it's been used well over the past few years.

My mother in law wont go to her own daughters 21st birthday. I wish my mother in law was dead.

Final straw that was

On your way home at 3am after the party, swing by and shite on her doorstep.

She sounds a proper c**t, I mean it was aaaaaaaages ago that you tapped the old cow!