Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

You doctors can be a pain in the arse at times as well.

There's a certain new doctor in a+e that's taken it on herself to prescribe 4 units of blood on every patient with so much as a bleeding nose.

Eh, naw hen.

Maybe she's a vampire and she's keeping it for herself.

I was working near Liverpool today, and had a straightforward plan to get home by train;

dep Hunts Cross 16:36 arr Liverpool South Parkway 16:40

dep Liverpool South Parkway 16:46 arr Crewe 17:12

dep Crewe 17:22 arr Watford Junction 18:48

Walk to Watford Underground station, 10 minutes on the tube, home for 19:30

(Long boring bit coming up, last paragraph is a one sentence summary.)

The guy giving me a lift to Hunts Cross pulled out at the last minute, so I had to get a taxi.

Because of this, I missed the train at Hunts Cross by 30 seconds (I saw it pulling out of the platform as I was walking over the footbridge), so I knew I'd get home an hour later. No disaster.

Got to Liverpool South Parkway and whilst waiting on the platform a guy walked onto the track and stood in front of an express train (link here). First time I've seen anyone get hit and it was quite weird. The train stopped about 400m down the track, and the guy was lying at the end of the platform, between the two rails, obviously dead and I think also missing a hand. He was missing something anyway as his body just ended where it probably shouldn't have.

What was weird was the aftermath, I always imagine lots of activity and fire brigade and police, but that only happens when they turn up. Until then it was very quiet, there's just me and a dead guy lying on the tracks.

So back to the journey. Had to jump on a MerseyRail train into Liverpool Central and walk to Lime Street, thinking there's more chance of getting a train from there, but as all the trains have to go through the same route everything is cancelled. Eventually get on a train at about 7pm, and it gets stuck behind a broken down train in front, making it an hour late.

By this time I'm due in Watford at 21:45, but just before Watford we slow down because a suspicious package has been found in a pub next to Watford Junction station and the station has been evacuated and no trains are allowed to pass through (link here). We sit for about 45 minutes before it is announced that the station has reopened but no trains are stopping. So they open the doors at Hemel Hempstead and let off people who want to get off. 3 guys who I've been sitting with need to go to Watford so I arrange to get a taxi with them, stopping at Rickmansworth so I can jump on the tube there.

The final act is that when we go to get on the M25, it is closed and have to make a massive detour to get to Rickmansworth. The M25 is never closed at 10pm, what the hell is going on?

I eventually walked in at 11.30pm, 4 hours late, due to a suicide, broken down train, bomb scare and the M25 being closed, all because I missed one train by 30 seconds. What a fucking day.

I was working near Liverpool today, and had a straightforward plan to get home by train;

dep Hunts Cross 16:36 arr Liverpool South Parkway 16:40

dep Liverpool South Parkway 16:46 arr Crewe 17:12

dep Crewe 17:22 arr Watford Junction 18:48

Walk to Watford Underground station, 10 minutes on the tube, home for 19:30

(Long boring bit coming up, last paragraph is a one sentence summary.)

The guy giving me a lift to Hunts Cross pulled out at the last minute, so I had to get a taxi.

Because of this, I missed the train at Hunts Cross by 30 seconds (I saw it pulling out of the platform as I was walking over the footbridge), so I knew I'd get home an hour later. No disaster.

Got to Liverpool South Parkway and whilst waiting on the platform a guy walked onto the track and stood in front of an express train (link here). First time I've seen anyone get hit and it was quite weird. The train stopped about 400m down the track, and the guy was lying at the end of the platform, between the two rails, obviously dead and I think also missing a hand. He was missing something anyway as his body just ended where it probably shouldn't have.

What was weird was the aftermath, I always imagine lots of activity and fire brigade and police, but that only happens when they turn up. Until then it was very quiet, there's just me and a dead guy lying on the tracks.

So back to the journey. Had to jump on a MerseyRail train into Liverpool Central and walk to Lime Street, thinking there's more chance of getting a train from there, but as all the trains have to go through the same route everything is cancelled. Eventually get on a train at about 7pm, and it gets stuck behind a broken down train in front, making it an hour late.

By this time I'm due in Watford at 21:45, but just before Watford we slow down because a suspicious package has been found in a pub next to Watford Junction station and the station has been evacuated and no trains are allowed to pass through (link here). We sit for about 45 minutes before it is announced that the station has reopened but no trains are stopping. So they open the doors at Hemel Hempstead and let off people who want to get off. 3 guys who I've been sitting with need to go to Watford so I arrange to get a taxi with them, stopping at Rickmansworth so I can jump on the tube there.

The final act is that when we go to get on the M25, it is closed and have to make a massive detour to get to Rickmansworth. The M25 is never closed at 10pm, what the hell is going on?

I eventually walked in at 11.30pm, 4 hours late, due to a suicide, broken down train, bomb scare and the M25 being closed, all because I missed one train by 30 seconds. What a fucking day.

Thats nothing compared to the old-firm missing each other in the league cup draw tongue.gif

Seriously though, that is indeed a day from Hell