Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Golden Wonder pot noodles are awful

They are rank. Bought the Chip Shop Curry flavour one from Asda because they were doing it for 50p ... never again. rip.gif

The one I had was Chicken and Mushroom. Bought three of them as they were half the price of a normal pot noodle. The other two are in the bin.

I prefer the Golden Wonder ones, they taste like Pot Noodles used to taste!

Pot Noodles are shite, not had one in years and tried one the other month. The salt has been dramatically reduced which could explain a lot

Edited by MONKMAN

Golden Wonder pot noodles are awful

They don't taste the same now. :( I used to eat the chicken and mushroom ones every day when I was a student. I had one a few weeks ago and couldn't eat it.

My house phone is fucked. I can't hear anyone when I speak to them,my Mum wasn't pleased when I hung up on her/ :ph34r:

Pot Noodles are shite, not had one in years and tried one the other month. The salt has been dramatically reduced which could explain a lot

I don't eat them regularly. Theyre a treat that I have once every few months and now, its always the Golden Wonder ones.

They don't taste the same now. :( I used to eat the chicken and mushroom ones every day when I was a student. I had one a few weeks ago and couldn't eat it.

Exactly! You've got Pot Noodles, which keep the name but are drastically different, and then you have the new kid on the block, The Nations Noodle (I think?), by Golden Wonder. Golden Wonder seem to have kept the old recipe, and thats why I find them to be superior pot noodles.

Guest The Phoenix

I don't eat them regularly. They're a treat that I have once every few months and now, its always the Golden Wonder ones.

:lol:

Feck me, xbl, what do you eat when you're not spoiling yourself rotten? :unsure:

:lol:

Feck me, xbl, what do you eat when you're not spoiling yourself rotten? :unsure:

Its me upbringing! When other kids were eating pot noodles and sweeties, my mum never had the money to buy stuff like that...so for a treat, in response to me and my brothers constantly asking, we would get a pot noodle once every few months. This habit has lived on now I'm a grownup! So while I normally buy fresh veg and simple food, every so often I treat myself by buying myself a couple pot noodles and a bottle of pepsi...I'm easily pleased! :D

The up your bingo advert infuriates me greatly. <_<

All adverts infuriate me. I hate the ones that are aimed at women ("Periods! Chocolate! Gossip! Mindlessness!") and the ones aimed at men, probably the latter more. I absolutely despise the advert for McCoys where the guy accidentally plays Puppy Love and at the end of the advert one of his 'mates' says "So everybody awright fer Tuesday?". What. A. Cunt. Everyone in adverts is a smug p***k. ANother good example is the ad for some car where the guy meets his girlfriend's father and says "at least you have a nice..... daughter". What? Buy this car and become a smug cock with no manners? Hopefully the burds father tied his hands up and shoved a carving knife up the self-satisfied knobbers erse.

Virgin Media.

I moved house at the start of the month, but couldn’t get the services at the new address. I phoned up and asked what my options were- was told “£153 to cancel as you’re still in the initial 12 months (I’ve actually been there longer but they gave me a new account when I last moved 11 months previously), or we can downgrade you to just a dongle for £8 a month”. I thought that the dongle seemed like a winner as I could use it on the train etc so I went for that.

8 days later, got a call- “can you confirm your new address”. So I did. “This’ll be sent out in the next 3-4 days”. “OK”.

2 weeks later (today), I chased them up, only to be told they had no record of my order (despite sending me an e-mail, which I quoted a reference from but they still couldn’t trace!). So they said they’d take my details and get a new order placed.

I was phoned back 5 minutes later to say I’d failed a credit check… using the old address where they’d provided me with broadband etc. Eh? Tried it with the new address but I haven’t been there long enough so that failed as well

I pointed out that I had VM at the old address and they said the mobile and broadband departments have different databases.

The folk I’ve spoken to on the phone have been pretty helpful but the internal systems and processing are absolute mince.

Tempted to just walk away and hope they forget about the £153.

People who pitch up to A&E with toothache.

Is it an accident? No.

Is it an emergency? No.

Do I look like a fucking dentist? No.

And of course, they hadn't taken any analgesia either. Of course not. Why would you take a painkiller if you're in pain?

:angry:

Guest The Phoenix

This university computer has just taken fifteen fucking minutes to open Microsoft Word. Jesus wept.

They are automatically programmed to work at a pace compatible with the user's mental capacity.

Guest The Phoenix

So that's the excuse you're using for computers not even loading the operating system whenever you use them, aye?

Fail.

As my umpteen thousand posts would testify. ;)

Is it an accident? No.

Is it an emergency? No.

And of course, they hadn't taken any analgesia either. Of course not. Why would you take a painkiller if you're in pain?

You doctors can be a pain in the arse at times as well.

There's a certain new doctor in a+e that's taken it on herself to prescribe 4 units of blood on every patient with so much as a bleeding nose.

Eh, naw hen.

Is it an accident? No.

Is it an emergency? No.

Doctor's who send patients with long-standing OA and no history of trauma for X-rays :angry::P