Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Guest The Phoenix
After a 3 week wait, found out that I never got a job I applied for recently, thus not getting an £8k pay rise. It's not all bad though, I've decided to just get mortally drunk for the rest of December instead.

Caretaker Manager?

After a 3 week wait, found out that I never got a job I applied for recently, thus not getting an £8k pay rise. It's not all bad though, I've decided to just get mortally drunk for the rest of December instead.

I'm not having a particularly fun time just now as the new job I was meant to have started in November was pushed back to December... and now into late January at the very earliest for some suspiciously secretive reason. I've just got this horrible feeling that the role is going to fall through for some reason and I'm going to be back at square one. This was after 4-5 months of unemployment and I was absolutely delighted when I was told I was being offered the job which makes it even worse that it got my hopes up before being dashed again. :(

I'm not having a particularly fun time just now as the new job I was meant to have started in November was pushed back to December... and now into late January at the very earliest for some suspiciously secretive reason. I've just got this horrible feeling that the role is going to fall through for some reason and I'm going to be back at square one. This was after 4-5 months of unemployment and I was absolutely delighted when I was told I was being offered the job which makes it even worse that it got my hopes up before being dashed again. :(

Know that feeling. After 4mths of not working, longest period in about 20years. Gave up pn office work. Trained to be a bus driver. Day I passed my test an interview had been for got back to me with immediate start.

Due to shifts etc have gone back for office admin job.

Wait for months for a job and two come along at once...........

Absolutely scunnered. I had a belter of a Sat, Sun and Mon before returning to work last night. It took only 5 hours of my shift before my enthusiasm was completely drained. Don't think I spoke 10 words after 3.30am.

I don't particularly enjoy my job, but it reasonablr(for me) dosh and is flexible around my football commitments. It looks like the flexability is about to evaporate meaning I'll be looking to change my job. :(

You'll be joining KnightswoodBear on the class traitor list the way you're going.

Settle Wolfie....see below.

You're getting into a grey area now. What if the en-suite is the only bathroom in the property? Does that still entitle the term snob, or is that deemed acceptable. I feel these need to be ironed out first, before we proceed.

That makes you a tink.

Get on OK with that cleaner I put you onto?

:lol:

Busted....

Having an 'en' anything makes you a snob of course.

When Brechin finally gets inside toilets you maybe get an opinion. :P

People who visit maternity wards out of visiting hours and make as much noise as humanly possible.

From the eejit arguing with her parents over living arrangements to frenchy the loudest French woman in Scotland.

On a train from Glasgow to Inverness. Small child has cried the whole way and is sitting at the table next to me. Not what you need when full of the cold and had no sleep.

Babies and toddlers crying I can live with. It happens. It's when the fucking parents do nothing about it that pisses me off. Just fucking sitting there and ignoring it.

The lassies in my work are forever having to take days off because their kids are sick, but seem to get it without having to take annual leave. I have had to ask for tomorrow off because my daughter is sick and can't go to nursery, and I've had to take a days leave from next years allocation.

The lassies in my work are forever having to take days off because their kids are sick, but seem to get it without having to take annual leave. I have had to ask for tomorrow off because my daughter is sick and can't go to nursery, and I've had to take a days leave from next years allocation.

In my last job folk used to get that. 'Carers leave' it was called. Sorry but if your child is sick that's your problem not your employers. That's a day less annual leave entitlement IMO.