Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

When people cant understand that "1-0" in a text means that the home team are winning. This happened on Wednesday when I was asked to text the scores to various people and 3 of them replyed with "To who?", its obviously the home team that have scored ffs :lol:

Employers seeming to think employment law doesn't apply to them. Fuckers.

Most employers are ignorant of the laws and count on employees being equally as ignorant so they can do as they please.

When people cant understand that "1-0" in a text means that the home team are winning. This happened on Wednesday when I was asked to text the scores to various people and 3 of them replyed with "To who?", its obviously the home team that have scored ffs :lol:

You're wrong.

If I wasn't at a Stenny away game and sent a text asking for the score I'd assume a text saying '1-0' meant we were winning.

Most employers are ignorant of the laws and count on employees being equally as ignorant so they can do as they please.

and then hold a grudge when you call them on it.

Seriously, in an age when anyone can look up employment law on their phone, I really don't understand why this still happens. The managers in my work are particularly bad at this.

Why though? You arent at home so your score comes second.

Because they'd put the team I was enquiring about first. They should also put 'losing' or 'winning' before it.

If someone asked me what the Stenny score yesterday and I said '2-0' they wouldn't have a clue if we'd won or lost.

and then hold a grudge when you call them on it.

Seriously, in an age when anyone can look up employment law on their phone, I really don't understand why this still happens. The

managers in my work are particularly bad at this.

Too many people don't look things up though and just take their managers word as gospel.

Because they'd put the team I was enquiring about first. They should also put 'losing' or 'winning' before it.

If someone asked me what the Stenny score yesterday and I said '2-0' they wouldn't have a clue if we'd won or lost.

So if you were watching the TV and they didnt display the team names next to the score you wouldnt know who was winning, losing or drawing? (For this example I would assume you know who is at home.)

So if you were watching the TV and they didnt display the team names next to the score you wouldnt know who was winning, losing or drawing? (For this example I would assume you know who is at home.)

That's a bit different though. The TV doesn't actually "have" a team, it's neutral, so reports home -away. If you're asking a supporter of the same team as you the current score, you expect to hear your own team first, regardless of whether they're home or away.

Had pasta and mince for tea, heartburn is currently ripping my insides to bits.

If you suffer from heartburn then the own brand Morrisons calcium carbonate tablets are REALLY good. Miles better than Gaviscon, Rennie or other branded tablets. They come in both mint and fruit, the fruit tablets taste good and do the job well.

I had GERD really bad, for a number of years but I don't get it anymore and my epiglottis has totally heeled.