Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

The current SKY advert featuring a poo faced Eric Cantona with the slogan 'Compromise Is Not An Option' is really getting on my nerves.

First of all this 'football is really serious and important' bollocks has already gone far enough so get that ridiculous expression off your face Cantona.

Secondly 'Compromise Is Not An Option'? What does THAT mean? Seems to me it encourages the baby psycology that far too many supposed adults have these days and completely ignores that fact that compromise is one of basic attributes required for civilization to take place!

I readily accept I may be unique in this reading but I see it as pompous, infantile and socially retrogressive.

I don't think I've ever seen any advert that actually managed to capture the appeal of football, probably because they are all devised by w****r ad executives, but this one really takes the biscuit.

Some c**t ripped my shirt, another c**t pushed me off the raised platform at City in Perth and I sclaffed my elbow and dropped my cloakroom ticket so had to wait until everyone left before I got my teckle jacket back. Got captured by the cameraman a few times.

Sake.

Edited by Cynical Saintee

See this word, "teckle"... it gets on my tits. What does it mean?!

It means 'brilliant'. It's a Dundonian word popularised in the real Leigh Griffiths blog by dundeebarry. Now everyone uses it thinking they're funny when -like the blog itself- it's now just tedious pish.

It means 'brilliant'. It's a Dundonian word popularised in the real Leigh Griffiths blog by dundeebarry. Now everyone uses it thinking they're funny when -like the blog itself- it's now just tedious pish.

It's shite.

Thanks for the explanation, Fudge - and for the link, PB.

More than you realise.

They were petty things that got on my nerves, so I posted them in the relevant thread. Is there an issue with that?

Mega issues mate. This post should be going in the Quick Question thread.

My irritation is bloody fussy female flatmates who are completely self centred, and who put a few quid ahead of their own happiness, thereby shafting their flatmate and completely taking advantage of the good nature of our landlord.:angry:

My irritation is bloody fussy female flatmates who are completely self centred, and who put a few quid ahead of their own happiness, thereby shafting their flatmate and completely taking advantage of the good nature of our landlord.:angry:

Did they lock the door? :unsure:

kidding aside, what they do?

Did they lock the door? :unsure:

kidding aside, what they do?

In brief, we have a fairly informal deal with our landlords. We've been living there for a few years, no contracts, rent paid casually, they live in the house too, you know, an arrangement between nfriends. So a few months ago, they let it be known that they were planning on selling the house, so told us that we would be better finding somewhere new...but would be welcome to stay until we found somewhere.

So fast forward a few months, and Goldilocks (my flatmate) has been hovering between "I could buy", or "I'll just rent", but turns down every decent renting opportunity. Meanwhile, the relationship between her and our landlords has been decling (for various external reasons including his gf moving in, and him having a small room, the man needs his own space, its his house after all!). I'm pretty casual, I'm ready to go, but Goldilocks keeps thinking "too expensive", "too small", "we're rushing too much". Anyways, my landlord tells me that in a couple weeks, major reconstruction work will start on the house, and warned us of chaos, and my flatmate is now ready to buy a house, but it will take Goldilocks a few months to decide and get it sorted. No problem right? We'll rent a cheap flat for 6 months, and then she has plenty of time to find a nice house for herself! We agreed this, and I suggested that Goldilocks should go down to the estate agents and see if she could find somewhere she liked to rent, else I would just pick a flat.

In the meantime, I've prepared for all this by moving all my unessential stuff into boxes, and I put it in the car today to move up into my dads attic, so that I didn't have too much stuff to lug about in the temp. flat. So my stuff is all in the car and she comes down the stairs. I ask her about flats and she comes out with "oh, I've decided not to rent, I'm going to stick here till they throw us out", before reeling off shite reasons. Then she starts going on about not receiving formal notice, and all kinds of shite like that...which is absolutely infuriating! We've got on brilliantly well with our landlord, he's been bloody good, and now suddenly she wants to play all this shit with him, which just isn't on. Plus she's been unhappy there for months, and she is putting a few quid saving ahead of her own happiness.

So I said this.

And now she starts saying "well you move out on your own". I could have done that fucking months ago! Gah! So, so fucking annoyed!:angry:

Not good mate, not good at all. Remember the No1 rule, look after yourself first. If she wants to make a cnut of it , let her.

Hope it works out ok

*Sympathy? f**k I may have had a beer tonight :P