Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

To the best of my knowledge, yeah. Worth having a chat with the fether and seeing what's what - given he's a staunch believer in CBT and he knows about my 'issues'.

:cheers: for the advice.

When I first got diagnosed they told me the only way to get NHS treatment was if I was seriously mentally ill. The only 'free' solution they had was a 4 week christian camp. I promptly declined and shelled out private. Go away depressed, come back singing Kumbaya while playing an acoustic guitar...I don't know which is worse.

My mother has bipolar and it can be hereditory, God knows it's almost a fate worse than death having it. The amount and potency of the drugs required just to keep someone stable is insane.

I think it's something like if one of your parents is bipolar, there's about a 1 in 4 chance the child will have or develop a related mental illness.

I did once wonder if I have cyclothymia but when I took a few of the tests as a guinea pig in a Family Study into Mental Health at Edinburgh University it quickly became apparent that the responses I was giving were what would be described as "normal".

In retrospect, I think I'm just a bit nuts.

Is it not something like 1 in 3 people will have mental health problems at some stage in their lives?

SSRIs will help the symptoms and can work wonders but push for some sort of counselling. I guess it depends on what the root of the depression is about or how it manifests itself but I am sure CBT is worth a go. Be prepared to put the work in though.

I think it's something like if one of your parents is bipolar, there's about a 1 in 4 chance the child will have or develop a related mental illness.

I did once wonder if I have cyclothymia but when I took a few of the tests as a guinea pig in a Family Study into Mental Health at Edinburgh University it quickly became apparent that the responses I was giving were what would be described as "normal".

In retrospect, I think I'm just a bit nuts.

Given I'm one of three from a bipolar parent, there's a hefty chance I was "lucky" enough to get the crazy gene. Typical.

Glasgow Airport have yet again changed their drop off point causing complete and utter confusion amongst the diddies and dregs of society i.e old folk, c***s who drive snidey Suzuki hatchbacks and fucktards with no sense of direction - often this is just one monumental, shit excuse for a human being.

I told you all about that two weeks ago. Pay fuckin' attention!! dry.gif

(-6 for my "cat frightening the crap out of me" story?! Fuxake; I'll drop a line to Falkirk Sheriff Court and ask for ASBO's in Stenny to be lengthened! tongue.giftongue.gif ).

Is it not something like 1 in 3 people will have mental health problems at some stage in their lives?

SSRIs will help the symptoms and can work wonders but push for some sort of counselling. I guess it depends on what the root of the depression is about or how it manifests itself but I am sure CBT is worth a go. Be prepared to put the work in though.

CBT really helped me, but it's hard work. I was lucky as through my work I had private health care and went to the Priory.

Guest The Phoenix

Dysthymia. It sounds more like a proper, scary condition.

Typified by feelings of hopelessness and overeating.

Common amongst pipe fitters, I understand.

Guest The Phoenix

I can't be arsed looking it up. Does that mean I've got it? I think I'll have the rest of the week off.

I believe you may have verbal dyspraxia rather than dysthymia

Glasgow Airport have yet again changed their drop off point causing complete and utter confusion amongst the diddies and dregs of society i.e old folk, c***s who drive snidey Suzuki hatchbacks and fucktards with no sense of direction - often this is just one monumental, shit excuse for a human being.

Try having to drive through their stupid one way drop off system pish every day on the way to work. Some of the twats are unbelieveable, theres a nice big drop off zone for private cars right outside the fucking terminal thats clearly marked, yet instead of stopping in the marked lay-by they just stop in the middle lane of the road and unload their suitcases at a leisurely pace before saying their goodbyes in the middle of the road. :angry:

What you need is a half-hour session with Haitch. It's just a phase, you need no medication and he should snap you out of this in 25 minutes tops.

Haitch is the worst poster on Pie and Bovril. He tries to come across as a 'fisher', an intellectual and a comic and only succeeds in being a fucking idiot. The worst of it being, he's a barely even noticeable fucking idiot, posters like Kris Boyd and perthshirebell get more interest, and that's about the most scathing as one could be.

I told you all about that two weeks ago. Pay fuckin' attention!! dry.gif

(-6 for my "cat frightening the crap out of me" story?! Fuxake; I'll drop a line to Falkirk Sheriff Court and ask for ASBO's in Stenny to be lengthened! tongue.giftongue.gif ).

:rolleyes:

Try having to drive through their stupid one way drop off system pish every day on the way to work. Some of the twats are unbelieveable, theres a nice big drop off zone for private cars right outside the fucking terminal thats clearly marked, yet instead of stopping in the marked lay-by they just stop in the middle lane of the road and unload their suitcases at a leisurely pace before saying their goodbyes in the middle of the road. :angry:

It's not exaclty a difficult concept, yet there were at least five absolute krimpets, in the five minutes I was in the vicinity, that were causing utter havoc with their shit grasp of lane discipline and/or their strange interpretation of a queue.

rolleyes.gif

It's not exaclty a difficult concept, yet there were at least five absolute krimpets, in the five minutes I was in the vicinity, that were causing utter havoc with their shit grasp of lane discipline and/or their strange interpretation of a queue.

Please note the penultimate question in this helpful BAA statement...

http://www.glasgowairport.com/portal/page/Glasgow%5EGeneral%5EAbout+Glasgow+Airport%5EMoving+Glasgow+Airport+forward%5EYour+questions+answered/0e9fb44b8ccf8210VgnVCM10000036821c0a____/448c6a4c7f1b0010VgnVCM200000357e120a____/

There is also a contact point if you feel that the millions invested in the scheme have not been well spent, rolleyes.gif

.....or you can go online here:

How do I get in touch with Glasgow Airport if I have any more questions?

We always welcome passenger feedback. You’ll find feedback forms throughout theterminal building and we also have an area on our website where passengers can let us know about their experiences – go to glasgowairport.com/feedback

biggrin.gif