Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Partners who have migraines over the weekend, so you are forced to sit on the sofa watching the complete 4 series of Supernatural.

Then, when you have held a solitary Esbat Wiccan Ritual and are standing alone at 02:37 hrs in the back garden bathed in the light of the full moon at her zenith, next door's cat silently sneaking up behind you and, as you are deep in peaceful, meditative thoughts, going.......

....MIAOAAAAARRRRRWWWWLLLLLLL!!!!....

ohmy.gifsad.gif

With patter like yours, no wonder 1 in 6 Scots have depression. :lol:

What you need is a half-hour session with Haitch. It's just a phase, you need no medication and he should snap you out of this in 25 minutes tops.

Are depression and clinical depression two different things?

I've got it on my mind that clinical depression is more like an ilness where you feel depressed regardless of personal circumstances, but depression is feeling low because of something that has happened (a death, break up, family/money worries,etc). Is that right?

I've got it on my mind that clinical depression is more like an ilness where you feel depressed regardless of personal circumstances, but depression is feeling low because of something that has happened (a death, break up, family/money worries,etc). Is that right?

There's actually a few different types of depression. Try here

As Neil Lennon once said; "Being depressed is one thing but having depression is totally different"

Just trying to snap you out of it! :P

Get well soon! :)

Cheers buddy. :)

What you need is a half-hour session with Haitch. It's just a phase, you need no medication and he should snap you out of this in 25 minutes tops.

Had it for three and a bit years bud, it ain't going anywhere soon. :lol:

As my boss so excellently put it, "no wonder you're depressed, you're a fucking Saints fan!" :lol:

As Neil Lennon once said; "Being depressed is one thing but having depression is totally different"

Spot on. There are no conspicuous factors that could have caused my depression, it's just there. Sack it, moving in 5 and a half weeks, fresh start in Edinburgh should be more than enough "cure" it.

Edited by Cynical Saintee

Glasgow Airport have yet again changed their drop off point causing complete and utter confusion amongst the diddies and dregs of society i.e old folk, c***s who drive snidey Suzuki hatchbacks and fucktards with no sense of direction - often this is just one monumental, shit excuse for a human being.

Spot on. There are no conspicuous factors that could have caused my depression, it's just there. Sack it, moving in 5 and a half weeks, fresh start in Edinburgh should be more than enough "cure" it.

I wouldn't expect it'd "cure" it right away but it's important you give it time and a fair crack at settling in - but I'm sure you knew that anyway. All the best.

Good luck, but on the flip side I've had it for 7 1/2 years now with stints of other illnesses as well. I'd recommend not just taking SSRIs (I assume that's what you've been given) but to also go for counselling/therapy, that's what makes the real big difference IMO.

Edited by Breaking Decency

Had it for three and a bit years bud, it ain't going anywhere soon. :lol:

As my boss so excellently put it, "no wonder you're depressed, you're a fucking Saints fan!" :lol:

Yeah, I was more referring to an infamous thread when Haitch claimed there was no such thing as clinical depression and that a motivational talk was all that anyone needed to "snap-out" of depression.

My mum and paternal grandfather suffer/suffered from bipolar disorder. I know how difficult it can be living with it. Often the medication people are put on can have as marked an effect on them as the illness itself.

Yeah, I was more referring to an infamous thread when Haitch claimed there was no such thing as clinical depression and that a motivational talk was all that anyone needed to "snap-out" of depression.

My mum and paternal grandfather suffer/suffered from bipolar disorder. I know how difficult it can be living with it. Often the medication people are put on can have as marked an effect on them as the illness itself.

:lol: What a joke.

My mother has bipolar and it can be hereditory, God knows it's almost a fate worse than death having it. The amount and potency of the drugs required just to keep someone stable is insane.

:lol: What a joke.

My mother has bipolar and it can be hereditory, God knows it's almost a fate worse than death having it. The amount and potency of the drugs required just to keep someone stable is insane.

I've had periods of bipolar instability and my medication wasn't too bad. It did leave me with the mania side of it though, which was incredibly annoying, believe me.

I've had periods of bipolar instability and my medication wasn't too bad. It did leave me with the mania side of it though, which was incredibly annoying, believe me.

I thought I had bipolar because I was showing a lot of the signs of it, not so much of the manic side but there were little things which suggested it. I've yet to see a shrink so we'll see, I could yet be even more nuts than I thought. :lol:

I thought I had bipolar because I was showing a lot of the signs of it, not so much of the manic side but there were little things which suggested it. I've yet to see a shrink so we'll see, I could yet be even more nuts than I thought. :lol:

Like I said before, it's definitely worth seeing a professional. I progressed more through counselling and no medication than with fluoxetine or citalopram, two so called 'miracle' SSRIs. All they did is really left me feeling pretty emotionless (and with a few other crappy side effects).

Like I said before, it's definitely worth seeing a professional. I progressed more through counselling and no medication than with fluoxetine or citalopram, two so called 'miracle' SSRIs. All they did is really left me feeling pretty emotionless (and with a few other crappy side effects).

I've seen a GP who suggested a 7 week Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Course based in Perth. Unfortunately, I move to Edinburgh 5 weeks saturday which would make it... awkward.

I've seen a GP who suggested a 7 week Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Course based in Perth. Unfortunately, I move to Edinburgh 5 weeks saturday which would make it... awkward.

That's a lot better. Try and get something in Edinburgh if you can. Was that free on the NHS?

That's a lot better. Try and get something in Edinburgh if you can. Was that free on the NHS?

To the best of my knowledge, yeah. Worth having a chat with the fether and seeing what's what - given he's a staunch believer in CBT and he knows about my 'issues'.

:cheers: for the advice.