Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

I submitted a pic from the Berwick match to one of the local papers, and they have captioned it as me celebrating with David Murray and Barry Douglas(who they cut out of the photo). Interesting how they could get it so wrong.

I'll be framing it.

Cant make football tasting bovril.

Maybe its the lack of polystyrene cups

Head into a pound shop and see if they sell those wee Klix cups of Bovril. Don't drink the stuff myself, but several people have told me it's just like the real thing.

The guy i'm sharing a room with here he's Asian and will now spend the next hour on the phone too his wife who he will threaten to stab etc

lolwut

I've been registered with a recruitment agency to get some temporary work over the holidays before I get back to Uni. I registered with the Stirling one (which covers Falkirk, Stirling and Clackmannan) but their Livingston branch was short so I've been doing work for them (West Lothian, Edinburgh and Fife).

Normally I wouldn't mind where I go as I get a travelling /mileage allowance but thanks to one of their staff messing up my details when I registered, I haven't been paid any travelling for three days I did in Fife. Meaning that I've been paid just £100* for three days work, which involved being out of the house for ten and a half hours a day, spending a tenner on petrol each day and a tenner on buying food to make into sandwiches for my lunch.

£100 - £30 - £10 means I've been paid the grand sum of £20 a day for being out of the house ten and a half hours.

What's more, they're not sure if the travelling can be backdated.

To say I'm miffed would be an understatement.

*I should have been paid more than the £100, but they haven't processed my P38(S) form, meaning that I've been deducted tax when I've declared that I won't earn more than £6,475 this tax year.

I managed to pull an earphone out of my ear taking my hat off, drop my weekly bus pass whilst getting on the bus and trip over my coat whilst taking it off.

I have a feeling that today is going to be full of those kind of petty annoyances.

Tonight I'll be taking down pictures, curtains etc and removing ornaments from the livingroom in preparation for the scraping of walls tomorrow.

:(

I'll be alright once I've started, and I've got a steamer so it shouldn't be too bad.

Edited by footiechick

Tonight I'll be taking down pictures, curtains etc and removing ornaments from the livingroom in preparation for the scraping of walls tomorrow.

:(

I'll be alright once I've started, and I've got a steamer so it shouldn't be too bad.

The getting started is easily the worst bit. It's the feeling of "aw, hell. I'm going to be here all day doing this" when you look at the bare expanse of wall that needs done that does it. The cleaning up after doesn't help much either.

The getting started is easily the worst bit. It's the feeling of "aw, hell. I'm going to be here all day doing this" when you look at the bare expanse of wall that needs done that does it. The cleaning up after doesn't help much either.

I know. I just know the full house is going to be in a guddle for the next wee while.

I have enlisted help, so at least I won't be doing it all myself :)