Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

My Astra is currently in the garage for the same reason :(

I actually miss my old Astra, the head gasket went on that a few times, until they were no longer able to skim the head any more. I miss that car, it was frustrating, but lots of fun. :(

Guest The Phoenix
I am going to phone trading standards to see where i stand

Good luck. One of my staff's Dad was in the motor trade for umpteen years, I'll ask her tomorrow to ask him where you should stand on this. Smells really dodgy to me.

I actually miss my old Astra, the head gasket went on that a few times, until they were no longer able to skim the head any more. I miss that car, it was frustrating, but lots of fun. :(

xbl every car you've owned has been a bag of shite.

I worry about your sense of humour.

Bought a Rover 75 last month and the pervious owner has just spent £689 getting cylinder head gasket repaired as it is a common fault with the rover engine,Anyway before i bought the car i did the usual checks on the engine checking for the symptms of the head gasket being repaired properly and there was none.

However i noticed the car was using water over a short period of time but there was no overheating so i was not worried,I took the car into a garage at mate at work recommended and lo and behold they reckon the head gasket has not been done properly so i will have to fork to get it fixed again.

You really don't seem to have much luck with cars.

Although did you honestly expect not to have problems when you bought a Rover? :P

Bought a Rover 75 last month and the pervious owner has just spent £689 getting cylinder head gasket repaired as it is a common fault with the rover engine,Anyway before i bought the car i did the usual checks on the engine checking for the symptms of the head gasket being repaired properly and there was none.

However i noticed the car was using water over a short period of time but there was no overheating so i was not worried,I took the car into a garage at mate at work recommended and lo and behold they reckon the head gasket has not been done properly so i will have to fork to get it fixed again.

if its just to keep it going use this stuff,it will keep you going for ages

Guest The Phoenix
Excellent at £30 it is worth a risk

Cheers mate i owe you one ;)

:o

You're not really going to spend £30 before having a go at getting the garage to sort it for nought are you?

If you put that stuff in, I'm sure the garage will definitely crawl out of any warranty issue.

Edited by The Phoenix

On the theme of cars, i've just sat and watched the BMW across the road get it's wing mirror booted off. I went across and told them and he's away up the road chasing them in the car.

Wee c***s round here with a smack head for a Mum and a dealer for a Dad. Wish they'd f**k off.

Nearly had a huge argument with a work colleague at work late this afternoon. I couldn't understand what she was talking about and was trying to tell her politely she was talking crap.

Sadly as I had thought today was Thursday and not Wednesday, the only person talking crap was me :rolleyes:

Fucking pathetic Sky + boxes that are tempormental about what i can watch. I can watch any sky sports channels but i cant watch C4, Sky 1, Itv, Hallmark etc and i don't know why!!!!

It obviously has sussed out that an engineer is coming out on Friday to fix it since it's a shitey box.

I've tried the old "pull out the plug and wait for it to reboot" trick but it wasn't having it

Fucking pathetic Sky + boxes that are tempormental about what i can watch. I can watch any sky sports channels but i cant watch C4, Sky 1, Itv, Hallmark etc and i don't know why!!!!

It obviously has sussed out that an engineer is coming out on Friday to fix it since it's a shitey box.

I've tried the old "pull out the plug and wait for it to reboot" trick but it wasn't having it

Did you check that your viewing card was populating system details?