Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

17 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

I may have mentioned this before, but people parking in disabled bays without producing a disabled pass really annoy me.

I was waiting in the car yesterday for my wife and daughter to come out of Tesco - she only went in for a carton of milk, but that's another story - and there were half a dozen who parked without displaying a badge.

Some of them looked disabled, but even so, no badge, no park is my philosophy.

I sometimes take our daughter to the pictures, and if she hasn't got her badge with her, we don't park in the disabled bays.

Both my daughters have blue badges but neither have what would be classed as a 'visible' disability.

I've had an unbelievable amount of arguments with folk who refuse to believe we are entitled to park there because "there's nothing fucking wrong with her".

Both my daughters have blue badges but neither have what would be classed as a 'visible' disability.
I've had an unbelievable amount of arguments with folk who refuse to believe we are entitled to park there because "there's nothing fucking wrong with her".

That’s a real shame and sorry to hear that. People think they can take a moral high ground when they see a chance and want to be the better person without actually looking at all the facts. Basically leads into my petty thing, people themselves are arseholes in general.

44 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Tell them to go and f*** themselves. (Unless they've forgotten their blue badges, in which case you are on slightly shakier ground, imo.)

People without any children parking in a "Parent and Child Space" also annoy me. I fix them with an icy stare as I huff past.

When you get a return ticket on the train and pay by card it prints out card receipt - outbound journey - return journey. 
This means to put your outward journey through the ticket barrier you need to separate your return ticket from your card receipt as well, meaning having two ticket stubs instead of one long one. 
Should obviously go card - return - outward.
Raging just thinking about it. 
Most ticket machines I have used go out-return-receipt

Sent from my F5321 using Pie and Bovril mobile app

bread that is marketed as "toastie" and is supposedly "ideal for toasting" but requires you to have a toaster that is 10 inches deep to actually toast a complete slice. 

Stick it under the grill.

23 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

The way it should be, nice tear off, return and receipt nicely kept together during the day, sensible printing.

Fife to Haymarket returns go the wrong way, outrageous stuff. 

Fife, eh?

Middle aged woman.

FTFY.

Enough about toast, a very serious train situation is impacting my life, what are you going to do about it? 

My suggestion would be to rip off the receipt and chuck it in the bin which will just leave you with your tickets. Who the hell keeps the receipt? [emoji38]

1 hour ago, coprolite said:

bread that is marketed as "toastie" and is supposedly "ideal for toasting" but requires you to have a toaster that is 10 inches deep to actually toast a complete slice. 

Warburtons toastie being the obvious example.

The one that comes in the poly bag fits easily, while the one that comes wrapped in the shiny paper doesn't

Luckily I’m safely on the #perthandkinrossshire side of the border, but got to drive to Lochgelly to get the train. 
But yeah, would imagine that’s why those backward morons are printing out tickets the wrong way round. Fifers man. 

Reported for Racism. Or Fifeism. Or something.

Either way, I want you to go away and have a long hard think about what you’ve written.