Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

11 hours ago, MEADOWXI said:

Between work and personal email addresses the number emails asking for me to,

Click on a link to  stay subscribed to emails,

Do nothing to stay subscribed to emails or click on link to unsuscribe

Or read or new T&Cs  of how much we care about your personal data.

Total pain

On the positive side it's a quick way of unsubscribing from unwanted emails and subscriptions you've forgotten about. I've now got 12,869 mainly unread emails that I'm afraid to purge in case it deletes important flight or hotel bookings etc. I'm sure there's an easy way to shift them into a seperate folder but I've been too lazy to figure it out.

When you’re walking behind someone at a much quicker pace and you move to one side to overtake them, but when you get a yard behind them they start walking quicker. This means you are awkwardly walking just over their shoulder at the same pace. What do you do? Walk even quicker to overtake them or drop back to a respectable distance so you don’t seem like some mad stalker?!
Trip them up then keep walking.

16 hours ago, IainMorton said:

When you’re walking behind someone at a much quicker pace and you move to one side to overtake them, but when you get a yard behind them they start walking quicker. This means you are awkwardly walking just over their shoulder at the same pace. What do you do? Walk even quicker to overtake them or drop back to a respectable distance so you don’t seem like some mad stalker?!

source.gif

I'm running the world cup sweepstake at work. Drew it yesterday with witnesses. I drew fucking England. At least no one can say it was fixed [emoji20]

At least it will be a silver lining for you if they do win it.

3 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

I'm running the world cup sweepstake at work. Drew it yesterday with witnesses. I drew fucking England. At least no one can say it was fixed :(

I am running it at mine. Don't you think it's a bit early? I've got a banter filled email sitting in draft waiting for the moment.

I am running it at mine. Don't you think it's a bit early? I've got a banter filled email sitting in draft waiting for the moment.

You go weeks without seeing folk at my work so I needed to get it going early so I could have the money gathered before I drew it. It'd be hard getting a fiver out of someone drawing Panama.

3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

You go weeks without seeing folk at my work so I needed to get it going early so I could have the money gathered before I drew it. It'd be hard getting a fiver out of someone drawing Panama.

So you got 32 entry fees before you even started drawing?

That's probably the way forward!

3 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

I'm running the world cup sweepstake at work. Drew it yesterday with witnesses. I drew fucking England. At least no one can say it was fixed :(

Imagine doing things at work over and above what you have to do!

Imagine doing anything at work!!

So you got 32 entry fees before you even started drawing?
That's probably the way forward!

Yip. Much easier that way. If folk get a shit draw you'll never see the money [emoji38]

The stupid Blackpool *bint & her annoying voice sitting next to me at the bar & her even more annoying South African male colleague debating the merits of happy hour drinks & advising bint she should drink beer (rather than wine), until happy hour finishes.Happy hour timings are from opening -12pm until closing -3am. So basically he’s just a cheap b*****d that doesn’t want his hole!

Mostly, what’s got on my nerves is- I asked the bar staff what happy hour timespan was, despite drinking here for 4 years! That’s pissed me right off!

* total wid, btw.

18 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

You go weeks without seeing folk at my work so I needed to get it going early so I could have the money gathered before I went on holiday with it

FTFY

Just now, Margaret Thatcher said:

I was going to let them draw a team as soon as they gave me the money, 1 by 1. But can imagine it gets hard to sell the last two when it's between Saudi Arabia and Panama.

So don't tell them what's left